Uniform Suggestion for Outdoor Use

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by tulsa, Dec 21, 2011.

1. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Ok, how many of you Kuk Sool'rs remember HOT August in Texas and doing there Black Belt Tests OUTSIDE in your Generals Uniform? IT SUCKED! No shoes, Fire Ants, Heat and No Breaks for water. Since I do allot of Outside training on and off horseback I was looking at making a NEW uniform design for such events. I was thinking of a natural Tan/Beige Color and using a durable but breathable cloth. NO Belts but some how to put color on them to show rank. Yes logos and insignia will be on them also. I would like some suggestions on style and such. I was also thinking about winter time Coats for the outdoors also. Something a bit more Rugged.

Traditional HANBOK? any one got any pics or drawings?:evil:

2. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

Interesting idea.... :thinking:

But instead of a dull/drab beige, why not go with camo (LOL)? Or at least OD green (keeping in line with the *military* aspect). ;)

Styling it off the design of a hanbok sounds like the most sensible thing to me, and this way T-shirts (also imprinted with logos) could always be worn underneath the jacket, which could be easily shed if it gets too hot to keep it on. Also there'd be no need for a separate "winter" uniform, as there is an overcoat which is part of the traditional Korean ensemble (and I believe this long winter coat is split up the back to the hips, which makes it similar enough to the long coats worn in the "old west" - as well as by modern cowboys - so it could be worn while in the saddle).

Personally, I think the color scheme you suggested needs to be rethought, but the idea of a hanbok inspired uniform sounds awesome! :cool:

3. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

I was thinking something cool and not dark. The Sun sucks here in the afternoon. White gets to dirty. And CAMO????? Real Tree Uniforms????? Not my thing!

THINKING . . . . . . . . . . . . OUCH!
    :evil:

4. Convergencezone

Convergencezone Valued Member

how' bout this

Attached Files:

5. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

NO and H*LL NO! :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: :evil:

6. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

black judo uniform from tigerclaw is what i use. if not, the jujutsu stone grey is very traditional, it's just the baji/pants taper.

7. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Does anyone have the Hanbok that the WKSA sold? I always wanted one but they did not make them in Large American Sizes. I thought I could start with that pattern for the basics. Then add a Long jacket to it. What you do you all think?

I even thought there was a talk about going to that type of uniform at one time but the $$$ got in the way. It would really set Kuk Sool Schools apart. Black for indoors and some other color for outdoor training......

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  8. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

i thought that black made outdoor training easier on the color.

9. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Where are you from Alaska? Black Absorbs Heat... when you are out in 110 degree heat with the sun shining on you and you want to wear Black?????
    :p to that is what happened to you :p

said in all good fun:evil:

10. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

multiple post

11. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

no im from the bay area of california, and white uniforms are not even in the question for our yeon meng. its a little cooler and less humid than the south. unbleached light fabric will probably be sufficient for your needs. as a business owner you can get a wholesale discount at tigerclaw and put your logo on it! they also have a special light fabric (elite) that may come in off-white/unbleached.

12. unknown-KJN

That shouldn't be a problem, since the pants on all the hanbok I own have little frog closures at the inside of the ankle. ;)

13. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

schweddy balls sir?

to add a bit of history, after traveling korea in the hogukmuye sibeomdan the teachers decided to swap the cuffed pants(and eventually some of their tops) to open ended versions

14. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

and when did horse riding become a part of kuk sul? i know it cant be compared to what people see in folk villages in korea, but im trying to figure out if things like this and archery were imparted from IHS vast reservoire of knowledge post 1988.

15. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Look just buy yourself a uniform from an army surplus store. You can get desert so it's not so hot and you can also put rank insignias on therem

16. unknown-KJN

Hooray for velcro! :happy:

17. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Since I am NOT in the WKSA and since I am an horse owner, that loves to ride, I have added more FUN activities for myself and for those that want to learn it. I have always loved horses well before I started Martial Arts. So good luck in that quest.
    :evil:

18. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Hooray for Hot Glue :happy:

19. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

[​IMG]

What about this?

20. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

NO and H*LL NO! :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: :evil:

Next time someone will say just go Commando...