Ultimate Fight Night 10

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Apotheosis, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Not sure if I should put this in spoilers but I will be safe, suffice it to say the Main Event was great

[EXPAND="Spoilers"]

Nate Mohr vs Luke Caudillo- Mohr got the unanimous decision over Luke

Anthony Johnson vs. Chad Reiner- Johnson got the KO win in 13 seconds, very impressive debut

Jeff Cox vs. Gleison Tibau- Tibau got the submission victory via armtriangle 1:52 in the first round

Tamden McCrory vs. Pete Spratt- Spratt dominated the fight but made a mistake and basically dove into Tamden's guard ending up getting tapped out 2:04 in the second round.

Forrest Petz vs. Luigi Fioravanti- Petz got a unanimous decision in a fight that elicited chants of "Boring, Boring".

Jason Black vs. Thiago Tavares - Tavares dominated the first round using some impressive grappling and slammed Black to the mat early in the 2nd.

Black swept Tavares and nearly got a Kimura. Tavares escaped the Kimura and almost instantaneously got Black in a triangle choke securing a submission victory 2:49 into round 2

Jordan Radev vs. Andrew McFedries- McFedries got the KO win 33 seconds into round 1

Roan Carneiro vs. Jon Fitch- Roan came out early and took the fight to Fitch nearly getting him in numerous arm triangles but Fitch escaped them well.

Round 2 Fitch came out and showed he had figured out Roan on the feet landing a couple punches that rocked Roan, Fitch swarmed him with some nice GnP before getting Roan's back after Roan attempted a sweep while still dazed. Fitch quickly got the RNC and ended the fight.

Sam Stout vs. Spencer Fisher - This was a great fight although it was more of a kickboxing bout than an MMA fight.

Round 1 consisted of Fisher coming out and landing numerous solid blows, Stout landing some ineffectual jabs and Fisher landing some more solid hooks.

The next 2 rounds were more of the same, Fisher showed great striking and some very fast hands beating the kickboxing champ decisively in what amounted to a kickboxing bout.

We also learned Stout has a chin of steel perhaps not quite as good as Mark Hunt's but close.

Fisher is going to be a top contender if he keeps fighting like this

[/EXPAND]

2. spirez

spirez Valued Member

I thought this was a great event. Tavares Vs Black was an awesome fight, real good skill show.

I wasn't that bothered about the main even though. Great pace and energy but i'm growing a little tired of slug fests to be honest