UK militia rise?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by axelb, Jan 16, 2022.

1. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I've seen a few reports recently in the rise in militia in the UK, mostly in the guise of "anti-vaxx"

Offering various riot and martial arts training through AMA.

Has anyone seen any of this local to them?
    It seems they are making the government end workers "fair game" for their poor excuse to inflict violence and control in a uncivilised attempt to stand against the government.

I expect there will be a lot of other fringe extremists tagging along for a excuse to cause trouble.

David Harrison likes this.
  2. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

We had a couple of guys on here some years ago who seemed to be militia/survivalists , but they inevitably got themselves banned , I hadn’t heard much from that group since.

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Yes, give me 2 days for my house sale to conclude and I'll explain all the details but I have names, websites, YouTube channels etc.

I've also trained with a lot of folks involved in more sinister parts of these movements.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
    axelb and David Harrison like this.
  4. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I'll put that in my diary! I'm intrigued...

5. David Harrison

They say they're against communism, but also complain of being financially exploited.

They say they want to save children, maybe they should talk to some who've been orphaned by COVID.

They say they want to rescue COVID patients, but they kill them by taking them away from medical care.

That training day looked like they are preparing for a January 6th type confrontation. Good job none of them were any good.

axelb likes this.
  6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Dead_pool likes this.
  7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

BOD is an amazing name, these guys definitely don't deserve such a kick ass name, alpha male assemble sounds like a Benny Shamperio knock off superhero film starring Kevin sorbo and Gina carano.

axelb likes this.
  8. Dead_pool

So I had some personal experience with these ligma males today, I won't go into details, but they're looking for attention, to spread nonsense information and for people to intimidate.

Luckily I train in BJJ and often partner newbies, so I'm used to dealing with people like that!

But overall lots of people were shook up, and really that included myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2022
    Mitch and axelb like this.
  9. David Harrison

No more hints?

Was this in the street? Workplace? At your club? Was this a physical altercation?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2022
  10. Dead_pool

Work / pop up vaccination centre, with "protesters" who wanted to cause a scene and were attempting to make it physical, police were called and they were trying all the I am a person, Freeman common law guff, soon as they had some attention they packed it in, very very sad individuals.

Mitch, axelb and David Harrison like this.
  11. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

That really sucks, I hope you all came out unscathed.

I haven't seen anything this way, from what I can tell it looks like a lot of angry untrained people being manipulated by a few trained.

Dead_pool likes this.
  12. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod Note: Please remember the no profanity - including masked - policy. Thanks.

13. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hmmmm interesting video - I have mixed views - On one hand if you are an anti-vaxxer then you are an uninformed idiot - although I have some sympathy for your ignorance if you are less than 'X'??? years of age, simply because you have not experienced directly the radical improvements that vaccination programs have given to the world. I went to school with a lad that wore a leg brace because he had suffered from Polio - infantile paralysis - that's not something that younger people will have seen

But, on the other hand I do understand how people feel themselves distanced from, and unable to influence, decisions that affect them - local council and local services decisions in particular seem to be often arbitrary and people without sufficient education or funds may not be in a position to argue their case effectively. If you feel that you are being ignored, then it's a massive trigger for anger.

As to the 'martial arts' and other training in the video, well not much to say but at one point I was reminded of a documentary I saw years ago about football gangs - the same idea of bonding together for a common cause <SIGH>

Mangosteen likes this.