UFO Documentary: Out of the Blue (2002)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by John R. Gambit, May 9, 2012.

1. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

I recently watched a fascinating documentary titled, "Out of the Blue," investigating UFO sightings around the world. Many credible, high-ranking military, LEOs, and politicians were interviewed, including astronauts. Apparently, even a few US presidents have commented on the subject. The documentary discusses a few cases of mass sightings over major cities, like the 1997 Phoenix Arizona incident that was even witnessed by their acting governor. Official military documents are examined, and video footage is analyzed. Undeniably, some of these events must have actually occurred. Several prominent people featured in the documentary stated their belief that the UFO they witnessed was extraterrestrial in origin. Experts in aviation claim no human technology presently available could duplicate what they saw.

Personally, though I do believe that some of these events did occur, I remain skeptical that they were caused by any alien spacecraft. Unfortunately, I don't have an alternative interpretation to offer.

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPCKIL7oVw"]Out of the Blue: UFO Documentary[/ame]

Note: For some reason the video is not embedding properly, so you'll need to actually click the link. :(

2. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

UFO's exist. There have been sightings of them for a while by many people , in many places from many cultures. However they are not aliens. Leading theorys at the moment would be ball lightning, a phenomena that has just become mainstream due to some interesting research
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

or things like gas pockets that glow. there is a river in thailand that spews out glowing balls of light. They are callled the naga fireballs. Again completly scientifically explainable. but true
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_fireballs

3. John R. Gambit

If you watch the documentary, I think you'll see that in some of those cases those two theories would not be applicable. In two events, military personnel actually approached landed craft and took detailed notes about what they witnessed, viewing the object from several angles at very close proximity. In the Phoenix Arizona sighting, thousands of people saw a massive triangular object, outlined in lights, that obstructed the view of the stars where ever it flew. It remained visible for a prolonged period of time as well. Ball lightning could not account for that.

4. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

If these occourances had taken place in rural Italy or Ireland it would have been mass sightings of The Virgin Mary
    If they had happened in anchient Israel we'd have another book in the Old testament

I cant say if UFO's exist or not, just people see what they want/expect to see

5. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

HAHA! That made my day :D

6. John R. Gambit

Fair point, and I don't disagree, but there is video footage in the documentary. I'm not saying it's certainly all authentic, but the SFX expert they consulted seemed to believe it was, and he explains why. The video footage is obviously less subjective.

7. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

fair point photographic/video eveidence can be quite reliable

[​IMG]