UFC/Pride/K-1

Discussion in 'MMA' started by gedhab, Jan 17, 2005.

1. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

What do you guys prefer out of these 3 major NHB events?

Personally i think it's Pride FC.

2. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

All of them :D But if I had to pick one, it would be Pride.

3. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

I prefer UFC.
    Back in my MMA days EVERYONE i talked to prefered pride. I found this strange, i just couldnt see it.
    Pride is not as fast or exciting as UFC.
    Yes it may have better fighters and more skilled matches, but for an excitement level UFC wins hands down.

4. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

I say Pride. But I think that your average Joe/Joette associates MMA with "a cage" so they think UFC.

5. Mu Ryuk

Mu Ryuk Banned Banned

I prefer UFC...but I must say...there is nothing like Bas Rutten saying "You see that? He kicked him right in the liver, that is very painful to be kicked in the liver!"

:D

6. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

I disagree. In pride they will stand fighters up for stalling, in UFC they generally don't. so you get boring people like ortiz who just lay n pray the whole fight. that is not interesting. also pride is where the best fighters go.

anyway I like pride the most for MMA. K-1 has much more exciting stand up but their mma division is crap.

7. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

Pride, although I think the cage used in some events makes the fights more interesting (ie the refs don't have to stop the fight and put the fights back in the middle, you can use the cage to set up takedowns, etc.).

8. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Not to mention the fact that the UFC crowd are always Boo'ing. That REALLY annoys me when people are boo'ing. Alot of the UFC spectators don't have a clue, hence the fact Zuffa have included submission tutorials/explanations in the latest UFC events aired on PPV.

The Pride crowd are awesome. If a fighter goes out there, gives his all. They love them for it win, lose or draw.

9. kungfufighter

kungfufighter Banned Banned

UFC, i dunno why. Maybe its that octagon.

10. shootodog

shootodog restless native

pride fc. better production values. and great fights!

11. andrewS

andrewS Banned Banned

I think Pride wins... however, it has some issues with worked matches, corrupt decisions, etc. for the Japanese/Asian crowd.. but, if that's what keeps it running, they gotta do what they gotta do I guess.

12. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Pride, UFC, K-1. I prefer to watch K-1 to UFC usually, but lately everytime I've watched it I've been yelling at judges and/ or the referee in the MMA matches

13. Swoop

Swoop Valued Member

It has to be pride. I hate the cage in ufc and the way some fighters push their opponent against the wall and hold them there for the entire fight. Plus pride has wanderlie silva

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I'd agree with that :) There's nothing more boring than watching such fighters as Tito move his opponent against the fence and hold him there the whole fight.

15. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Except Matt Hughes laying on them and pretend to be hitting them for three rounds :D I really do wish they'd stand the fighters up in the UFC more, it might stop the idiots in the crowd boo'ing for a start and fighters like Hughes and Tito would have to work harder for the win

16. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Definatly :) I remeber watching Hughes vs Gil Castillo. 95% of the fight was spent against the side of the cage. Up until Hughes accidentally headbutted Castillo resulting in a cut which ended the fight.