UFC 94 - GSP v BJ

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by nicolethai1, Nov 17, 2008.

1. nicolethai1

nicolethai1 Valued Member

It's official....

http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/event/pictures-st-pierre-penn-bout-official-15181

Can't wait til January! a fabulous match up and they're both in my personal top 5 right now :love:

Not sure I can call it either...at the moment I'd say 51%GSP 49% BJ. They're both really well-rounded - I reckon BJ edges it on the ground but GSP for sheer athleticism and dynamic speed.

Any more thoughts?

2. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

I can't wait for this flippin' fight. I am jumping up and down just thinking about it. Me and my dudes agreed we were going out to Hooters for a night of consumption, and we'll probably be total gentlemen.

3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Yeah right!

Me, I may not be a gentleman, but at least I'm honest. I'll go to the bah, get schwilly, and yell obscenities at the television set.

:D

Seriously though,

GSP for the win.

4. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

i think this may be the fight to get bj training like he should have been training all along... but that's how gsp's been training for years. further: gsp is big, and gsp wins rematches. violently.

and whoever wins... will almost certainly fight anderson silva at some point.

5. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Good god - that would be a murder fest. he's just too big for either of them.

6. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

Was it that easy to see right through my BS? haha
    I'll be doing the same, and hopefully GSP is the victor!

Just try and stay out of trouble, lol.

I agree a Silva match up would not be fair in the slightest.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  7. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

The problem at the moment being that the UFC can't provide a decent fight for Silva at the middle weight rank. He's beat Rich Franklin decisively twice, beat Hendo by submission, and frankly didn't even take his match with Cote seriously. So what do you do with this guy?

Answer: either have some top notch welter weights move up a weight class to challenge him or force him to keep fighting as a light heavyweight rather than defend his title. It's going to be a while before there's any decent competition for him at 185 and the UFC only has him locked in for a few more fights (five at this point I think).

8. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

I like BJ Penn a lot but I reckon GSP will win just in terms of sheer athleticism

9. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

I could see it going either way. I want GSP to win, but with the way he's been training lately, BJ is fierce.

10. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

Picking GSP for the win. A win by decision. I don't think he can finish Penn. And Penn, if he wins it, will win it by TKO or submission (no decision).