UFC 77 Hostile Territory

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by duderanch182, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Are you kidding? The only person less entertaining than Sylvia is Sean Sherk (and at least he's on roids, so I don't have to watch him fight for 25 minutes for a while).

2. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Anderson Silva not Tim Sylvia Scarlet :)

3. slacker6

slacker6 New Member

Read my post...I said SILVA, not SYLVIA.

SYLVIA is absolute garbage and waste of time to watch.

4. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Oh, sorry. My bad. Anything that sounds like Sylvia makes me want to hit something.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Just watched the fast and efficient destruction of Rich Franklin.

Jeez.

Silva was clean, precise and fearless. Franklin's camp really needs to get him up to speed on staying out of that clinch. Pretty much every time Silva put it on... Franklin was at a loss for what to do. So not really all that unexpected that Silva put him down. The shot at the end of round one that put Franklin on the canvas was short and clean. Bang on.

I was surprised it seems like Franklin threw more kicks than Silva did. :eek:

6. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Oh I don't know, I immensely enjoyed Randy giving Big Tim a hell of a beating in Columbus back in March. The look on Silvia's face at the moment Randy first connected with his head was priceless. I think that would have made a great still photograph.

7. slacker6

slacker6 New Member

That's about the only enjoyable experience I've had watching Tim Silvia:)

8. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

uhm, ewww. Allow me to repeat...

EWWW.

9. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Heavyweight boxing maybe? or a lemonparty?

10. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I really like Sylvia.

That's right, SYLVIA.

I think he's an excellent fighter with a good deal of talent and heart. I think Couture beat him because he's a fricking cyborg with super special powers. Sylvia will have that belt again unless Couture or Fedor gets in his way. I don't think there's another UFC fighter with the mustard to contend with Sylvia.

Plus, Tim is just a downright nice, decent guy from all of his fights. He talks soft and trains hard.

11. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

Fedor signed with a different organization and Randy left the UFC so he can go fight Fedor. I think Big Nog and Sylvia are fighting for the belt...I think that could be an exciting fight.

12. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

I loved watching the destruction of franklin at silva's hands and in my opinion if there were any middleweights to give him a good go I'd say Matt Lindland or Cung Le.

13. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Cung Le? Ahhh, no. He's too untested on the ground.

14. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

you forgot to mention dan henderson, denis kang, or paulo filho.

15. Yohan

Big Nog has a chance, but honestly, I think Tim will punch him in the eye, knee him in the chin, and roll over on top of him.

Go Big Tim!!

16. Yohan

Yep, Hendo should drop and give Silva a go. I love Dan Henderson. I think he's a great fighter, but after his bout with Rampage, I think he needs to step up his conditioning. He's not a young guy. That's for sure.

17. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

Ditto this on both points. Dan's starting to get into the "borrowed time" teritory with his fighting career. He may be able to go untill his mid fourties like his teamate Randy Coture, but if he is, I agree his best bet is to drop down to the middle weights and work his endurance like no one has ever done before. I for one would definetly pay to see a silva/henderson fight.

18. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

well it's not like Silva really takes the fights to the ground anyway

19. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I'd prefer to see a more well-rounded fighter up against Sylva. I think that's what it's going to take to get that belt away from him.

20. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Domino... who did you have in mind?
    I'm curious because I really didn't expect Slyva to get to where he's at. I'm not sure why... but I guess I figured he'd get taken down and submitted at some point.

I don't see Cung Le as even coming close to the same league as Sylva... he wouldn't be able to hang in the striking department IMO.