UFC 70 Free on Spike

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Apotheosis, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

Rampage has a plenty of cage experience and his last two fights (both of which he won) were in a cage.

2. Atharel

Atharel Errant

Ah, true. Mostly I'm not liking the instant throwing of Rampage to the top just because he beat Chuck in the past. Based on his recent performance, I don't think he's ready for a title shot. I am worried this is an attempt to feed him to Chuck before he gets into the swing of things.

3. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

I also think it's too early for Rampage for a title shot. There are people with more consecutive wins in the UFC LHW division that deserve a shot before Rampage IMO. I'm not counting him out...I like him. I think Dana doesn't want to lose out on this opportunity like with the Wanderlei thing. He's a business man and knows what sells...

4. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

That I agree with. I do wish he got at least one more fight against someone else. Although if he lost, would that mean his opponent got a shot at Chuck? And who in the UFC light-heavyweight division would he face? Maybe Machida...

5. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

i wonder why Machida's never knocked someone out in the octagon. he comes close, but doesn't finish. i mean for a guy that TKO's stephan bonnar, and KTFO rich franklin, he should be able to finish fights rather than hold to a decision. but in any case, he should be given a title shot sometime this year. so now we have 3 candidates to be the first UFC undefeated champ. all in the LHW class. we got Lyoto, Rashad and Bisping. i think Lyoto is the most likely one to get the belt, just because of the opponents he's beaten. maybe they should re-schedule his fight with Forrest Griffin. too bad the dude got staph. that would have been an awesome fight.

6. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Machida is very cautious, he isn't a KO "artist" at all....but he does have he ability and maybe he will develop that "killer instinct".

I give Bisping a 5% chance of ever being the 205 champion, Rashad and Lyoto have much better odds of doing it.