UFC 65 - Bad Intentions

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Rapid, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Hughes does wear a cup...and just because he was given time to rest doesn't mean he was fine.(Again not arguing against GSP, simply your argument that BJ was beating him because of a foul).

2. Wigglyman

Wigglyman Valued Member

Well he was given enough time, til he said he was fine...plus as he already said the 2nd didn't touch his groin.

But okay BJ wasn't just winning because of the eye poke...but once GSP recovered from it he did go on to take the fight. I believe the eye poke was the reason why BJ was so dominant in Rd.1, not saying he wouldn't have won it without it tho.

Neways I rewatched 65 today, and the annoying thing is that the Heaveyweight Title match had such awesome entrances that it actually got me pumped up to watch a fight...then my memory kicked in and made me very depressed!!

3. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

He said he was fine to fight, to actually be fine would likely take a lot longer than the viewers would allow.

Kick me in the nuts and I would need a 5 minute break with some ice before I felt good again.

As to GSP winning once he recovered, I really think that had more to do with BJ gassing late in the first round. I cannot say for sure, but since BJ did quite clearly run out of gas we cannot say either way that 1 or the other is clearly better on their feet.

4. Wigglyman

Wigglyman Valued Member

I think our GSP Penn debate is proof that we need to see the second match ASAP!!

PLus yes if I kicked you square in the nuts...but these grazed whilst he was wearing a box. But I guess after the Trigg fight he was probably paranoid about it! But I also find it funny that he makes big things about them when he is loosing, there was the eye-poke to against Penn.