UFC 47 Predictions

Discussion in 'MMA' started by ninjadeath, Mar 30, 2004.

1. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

Yves Edwards vs Hermes Franca
    I think Franca is to slick on the ground for Yves. I think Yves has better tecnique on his feet, but not that much better, and Franca has that punchers chance, which (Other than Josh, but almost.) he has seemed to have made the most out of lately. Hermes is also more consistent when it comes to bringing his A-game than Edwards has been. Franca by KO or decision.

Chris Lytle vs Tiki Ghosen
    I really want Lytle to win, but I think Tiki is too strong of a striker for Chris. Ya Lytle went the distance with Lawler and Tiki got KTFO, but Tiki did out strike Lawler until he got caught and Lytle basically hung with Robbie and got put down a couple of times and lost in a desiscion. Chris doesn’t have Lawlers power and will get out matched on his feet by Tiki.

Johnahtan Wiezorek vs Wade Ship
    I think Wiezorek will be too strong of a wrestler for Ship. I’ve seen Ship get out wrestled by Kupihea and Jonathan is a way better wrestler then that. Wade has excellent wrist control, but that’s all I see from him. On the other hand, Wiezorek has choked out Severn, so he has some submission knowledge I see him being able to negate any of Ship’s fruitless submission attempts.

Tito Ortiz vs Chuck Liddel
    I see this fight happening two ways.
    First scenario:
    Tito does his wrestling thing. He keeps putting Chuck on his back w/ Chuck getting up once or twice but not before he gets GnP’ed up and losing to a decision.
    Second scenario:
    Tito gets caught with a KO punch from Chuck before he can get him down. Tito leads with head when he throw; which plays right in with Liddel’s striking style. Tito needs to keep his hands up and just go for the take down.

Robbie Lawler vs Nick Diaz
    I don’t think Diaz has ever fough anybody with Lawler’s power before. I think he will get caught with a KO power punch by Lawler. I know Diaz will take a punch so he can get the shot or he will try to exchange until it goes to the ground. He doesn’t want to do this with Lawler! Lawler will get another KO. I will say, if it goes to the ground, Diaz will school Robbie, but I think Lawler’s camp will train him well enough to win this fight.

Mike Brown vs Genki Sudo
    I think Mike will be out classed here. The only person he has fought with skills close to Sudo is Franca, WHO SUBMITTED HIM! If you are a ground fighter like Mike Brown is, you should not get subbed like that. Genki, who has much experience in big fights, will be Very comfortable. Mike on the other hand has no idea what he is in for. Genki’s stand up is strange, but is also just as strange to train for. I see this fight being all Genki, with Genki landing some blows and controlling the fight on the ground.

Mike Kyle vs Wesley “Cabbage” Corriera
    I know Mike; he’s my boy. I see this fight going two ways also.
    First scenario:
    Mike’s Muay Thai skills will carry him for a while. Cabbage will take a lot of shots, but will be able to fight back. We all know how tough Cabbage is. Mike will unload on him a little bit, and then it will go to the ground with mike getting the best of that. Mike will do this for a few rounds and get the TKO or a decision.
    Scenario two:
    Mike will light Cabbage up with strikes and Cabbage will eat um and come back with some heat. Mike will get caught and the fight will be over, or Mike will rock Cabbage, be too cautious and let Cabbage get his head back and get dropped on.

Tim Sylvia vs Andrei Arlovski
    This will be a serious miss match if Arlovski doesn’t come with his A game. Arlovski has some serious reach and on most people (Maybe not against Tim though.) and has better striking technique than Sylvia. Sylvia just needs to press the fight and keep walkin into Arlovski and let his power take over Tim doesn’t want to wait to do that or he’s gonna take some hard leg kicks and then some well placed punches. Sylvia needs to come right out and brawl with Arlovski and he should be fine. If I was Tim I wouldn’t even worry about Andrei’s ground game so if he does get rocked by Arlovski, he could just take him down and pound him.

2. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I was thinking about this the other day; Chuck vs Tito can go either way...

Tito's pretty good on the ground, so he might be able to keep chuck down. I guess he wants to GnP him as chuck dents to try and pull himself out to stand up, rather than hold the guy and tire him out. (randy vs chuck for example).

My moneys on lawler as well :D He's dam cool, i loved the way he exploded on tikki back in ufc 40 when i first seen him.

3. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

I hate Tiki, he's a punk, my boy choked him out in the UFC lol.

4. totality

totality New Member

i can't wait to see genki in his brand new shiny belt after UFC 48....

5. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

Genki won't be goin for a belt at 48. It will be between the winner of the Yves vs Franca fight and my boy Josh.

6. totality

totality New Member

oh damn, you're right. he's going to have to take that from thompson at a later date. i forgot.

7. ninjadeath

ninjadeath New Member

Another UFC, another set of totally wrong picks. lol. it's weird, I'm either dead on, or totally off. Oh well, most people were wrong on their picks for this one. I't was a weird night.