UFC 195

Discussion in 'MMA' started by PsychoElectric, Jan 2, 2016.

1. PsychoElectric

PsychoElectric Valued Member

My picks:
    Lawler vs Condit.-Lawler tko.
    Miocic vs Arlovski.-Miocic tko.
    Larkin vs Tumenov.-Tumenov.

Also, keen to see how Duffy goes against Poirier.-Not sure about this one, i want Duffy to win just because he's that guy who beat Conor, but Poirier has been looking mighty fine at light weight.

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

You'll never see a man so broken up...ripped apart ... as belltoller is about who he wants to get the W for Condit/Lawler ...

[​IMG]

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

War Lawler!

Longtime fan of his here. And was immensely happy when he won the title. He is the embodiment of Rocky (Sly not Marciano) at the moment. He's a brawler, but also very technical and can easily lose to anyone in the top 5. Yet he doesn't.
    There needs to be a Hendricks/Lawler III to even things out.
    The headkick he took from McDonald was scary.
    Condit has speed and reach over Lawler and can throw combos and has very good ground game. The only way, I see this going for Lawler is if they brawl. Which Condit also likes to do, and Condit has KO power, not as much as a 1-Punch type like Lawler, but still.

And IF Lawler wins, realistically he gets Tyron Woodley next.

It's going to be an exciting fight.

4. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

I'm not sure I like Condit's chances. While he's got all the tools to fight at range he generally doesn't, he throws long combos coming forward and relies on the other guy backing up. Lawler will stand his ground and throw counters and Condit may well run into them.

5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Ugh, no. Hendricks does NOT deserve a title shot right now. He is on the verge of not being allowed to fight in the WW division due to his weight issues. I think others deserve the shot before he does. Let him get a couple of impressive wins without issues making weight first.

Plus, this trend of endless rematches - I don't like it.

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I like both but I want Condit to win. I'll be staying up to watch tonight.

7. belltoller

I've Carlos winning on points - spinning away from Robbie for the majority of the fight - till he's caught up in Lawler's game in the later rounds.

Lawler by TKO in the 5th

8. PsychoElectric

Yeah i think if Condit wins it will be by points similar to how he fought against Nick Diaz.

9. belltoller

wow, just wow

10. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Very entertaining card.

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Really not sure what to make of the Lawler/Condit violence. Gut feeling was that Lawler didn't do enough to win. Too happy to hang back and wait for the big shot while Condit worked. But I also think Lawler landed the harder more potential for being fight ending shots. Although Condit had some of those too. I think on balance Lawler won the "fight" but Condit won the "MMA game". But it was very close.

12. Ben Gash CLF

Yeah, I think Condit struggled to find his range with punches, especially in the face of Lawler's masterful, deliciously subtle defence. When he did get to a range to hurt Lawler he was too close and started eating bombs. Condit threw a lot, and was fun to watch, but for most of the first 3 rounds he wasn't landing significant punches. Yes he out threw Lawler by a country mile but Lawler's punches were easily 3 times as effective.

13. Ben Gash CLF

Spectacular leg kicks from Larkin.

14. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Condit won 1,3 and 4 easily and I think there's a case to be made for giving him the 5th or making it a tie. It was a close fight in the sense they both hurt each other, but round by round I think that decision was complete crap. Lawler hurting him a couple times in a 25 minute fight doesn't make up for being outstruck 3-1 or whatever the ludicrous figure is. Its a close fight as a fight. As an mma match (the only criteria that matters) it was far from it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I could never make a round where someone took the shots that Condit took a draw. That round was the closest either fighter came to finishing the fight.
    I'd have to watch it again but I just can't see that as a draw let alone actually giving it to Condit.

16. Ben Gash CLF

I score every round but 4 for Lawler. Being lightly cuffed on the side of the head and shoulders is not being outstruck. This is a problem with people's perceptions of a lot of Lawler's fights, he's really good at moving just enough.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  17. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I appreciate the knockdown of Lawler in rd1 was more of a shove, but it did come off a solid strike. I kinda scored it 1,3 for Condit. 4 being debatable. (or was it rd3...will need to rewatch)

Condit took a real beating in 5 though. The figures for Condit's attacks are a bit nuts. It's like 300%

Here's the scorecards

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/3...rsial-scorecards-from-robbie-lawler-vs-carlos

Also Southpaw....
    War Lawler:evil:

18. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Ohhhhh the temptation to abuse my powers and edit that post...

19. Ben Gash CLF

But he was off balance rather than stunned, the punch had put him on his heels but it was definitely the forearm shove that put him down.

20. PsychoElectric

I Scored 1,3 and 4 to condit.
    Will need to rewatch.
    Was another great fight by two guys who only ever have great fights.
    The Duffy v Poirier fight was also great.