UFC 168: Weidman v Silva II

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Mushroom, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Aside from Rousey's attitude and Silva's leg.

Who else thought Siver looked awesome?

I would never have pegged Travis Browne doing what he did to Barnett. I love Barnett but he got knocked the Hell out!

Also give Browne a shot at Cain!

3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Also Tate shoving off Zingano's face.

There's a few people on forums claiming Browne's elbows were illegal. I thought they were fine personally. Debatably should of been a DQ against Gonzaga but the ones on Barnett were solid. I still think the knee did the real damage :p

4. icefield

icefield Valued Member

i always find peoples attitude to fighters funny, how many here have actually met bisping for example, or fought against him or actually chatted to him, not many yet everyone makes a call on his personality based on what he does to sell a produce lol (and thats what fighters do they sell products to make money for the UFC< the fight is a product its not a testing ground of sportsmanship its professional work)
    For the record i have met bisping, competed in the same weight catagory as him, chatted with him and i have a different view of him

I find Roussy attitude refreshing, at least she isnt faking it to see the match but actually doesnt like tate

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Have to admit when I met him he seemed a decent dude. The only negative thing he said was that he wanted to get to his food and that's because my mate messed up taking a picture and tapped him on the shoulder to get another one when he was just being given his lunch. He's also surprisingly big for a 185er.

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Oh, no, Bisping is a genuine ass. He DJ'd in the town where I live before TUF and he was an obnoxious douche then as he is now.

Rousey is no exception to my disdain. I hate her antics just as much as other fighters listed here. But I find more people are willing to accept her behaviour because she's the "pioneer of WMMA" apparently.

7. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

8. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

9. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

even nate and nick diaz shake hands or give hugs to opponents after fights win or lose, and ronda saying misha said bad things to her and her people when she did exactly the same to hype the fight shows you how much of a brat child she is. im a big fan of ronda's style of fighting and i was one of the few rooting for her to win this fight. now i hope she loses the next and gets humbled.

Also didnt she shake Tates hand at the beginning of TUF? Did Tate say something bad after that? If so WHAT did she say about her "FAMILY" if she even did which I doubt.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  10. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't know why people are upset about Rousey's antics. Have you not heard "hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn?" That's the difference between men and women. As men we hate each other but then find a common ground after beating each other senseless. A woman isn't happy until she's robbed you of all dignity, she lets you live just so you can suffer more. :p

(This is a joke)

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I've always found him to be a stand up decent guy...well on the three times i met him.

One of which - as has been told before -involved my hand and his balls. Last time was at a UFc event and he could not have been more pleasant to either me or the rest of the rabble

12. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

She has talked about this deliberate and fairly transparent heel turn in multiple interviews. Getting all uptight about it is precisely what she wants from you.

13. icefield

icefield Valued Member

when I competed against him it was under 95kg and he was big for that weight lol,

14. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I despise Bisping. Amonst my too five least favorite fighters for sure.

Started of with his whiny jealous behavior when he was a contestant on TUF.

A few other things off the top of my head. I am sure I can come up with more if I think about it.

Spitting in the corner of his opponent after a fight. (WAY WORSE than Ronda not taking Tate's hand.......)

Homophobic slur after getting vaseline in his eye before a fight

IMO, a purposful knee to a downed opponent.

15. icefield

icefield Valued Member

lol with gene lebell as a mentor being a heel is probably something she was trained to do right alongside being taught how to break their arms lol

16. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

There, fixed it for ya :p

17. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I double and triple checked the meaning of the words and decided I was going to change the words around a little bit. A "woman scorned" had something bad done to her, a "woman's scorn" just means that woman is giving you hell. I was waiting for somebody to catch it.:p

18. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

I agree Bisping is a no sport but he got his Karma. No title shot despite good record, and THE BIG RIGHT from Dan Henderson, followed by a big elbow to a down and out Bisping lol

Hendo admitted he really dosnt go for opponents that already looked KO'd but in Bispings case he made an exception.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh9l58GUZNc"]Dan henderson knocks out bisping... + slowmow flying elbow to the face - YouTube[/ame]

He did what many people have wanted to do to Bisping since seeing how much of a poor sport(among other things) he is.

19. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Henderson's ko of Bisping was one of the most enjoyable moments in watching MMA ever for me!

However, I can't get behind him hitting him after he was out, since it seems he has admitted he knew he was out.

The ref didn't stop him in time, so he had every right to follow through. However, I respect the fighters that hold back in those circumstances (like Hunt or Machida).

But that KO was a thing of beauty!

I do want to say that although I can't stand Bisping, I hiope his eye heals up properly. I hope that eye problem does not end his career or cause lasting issues to his health.

20. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

From Bloodyelbow:

Not many may know but Ray is a JKD exponent and the leg check with the knee is a hallmark of certain schools (I've been teaching it for years).