UFC 154

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Pompeythegreat, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Pompeythegreat

Pompeythegreat Im Very White Aparently

How do we not have a thread on this?

GSP VS Carlos Condit!

Take you picks.

I'm putting my money on GSP. However I'm concerned that he may not have "it" anymore because of how long its been since his last fight.

Anyways!
    To night is GSP vs Condit

Who's ordering?

2. mattt

mattt Valued Member

I put my money on Condit, because the odds were awesomely against him, and if GSP wins I am a happy camper anyway.

Thinking of heading to the pub, have a taphouse with 50 beers on draft that is showing it just down the road.

Do you know what time the main card starts?

3. mocochoco

mocochoco Valued Member

I'd love to think that GSP is going to make his comeback in dominating fashion. In reality though, it's been a long time and he's had to go through a lot recovering from the surgery. No matter how good he feels, I think it's a tough call to come back after a break like his and instantly be performing to the level needed to champion the welterweight division.

If I was a betting man, I think I'd probably put my money on Carlos Condit winning this, most likely by decision.

I really do hope I'm wrong though.

Cannot wait for this fight.

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

If it goes to the ground, probably Condit by sub. Other than that, GSP.

5. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

going to say GSP

6. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

How do you watch this stuff without a TV? This is a fight I would like to see but I have no clue how to watch it on the internet.

(Paying for the viewing service by the way)

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Im pretty sure you can go to ESPN or whatever sports channel that is broadcasting it and watch via their website as long as you pay.

Im pretty sure I started a thread GSP Diaz Condit...will go hunting. Was about a year ago.

8. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

That's what I was thinking but I don't normally watch or purchase anything to watch on tv/computer. ESPN is a possible network playing the fight? That's surprising. I haven't owned a TV in probably 6 years now, and when I was around a TV it was a long chance in hell seeing MMA on ESPN!

9. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

10. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

About GSP - Condit... I'm with GSP, but I'm not sure how he'll do after that injury. He might be slower... lateral movement almost surely slower.

11. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I wonder who else is on the bill, since a friend of mine is over in Quebec this week/end, presumably for this...

12. mattt

mattt Valued Member

I've known some terrible people who said they did something like download Vuze and then go to Piratebay and download the content from there. These people... make my blood boil it does.

Some of them say its kinda OK when they are trying to watch things like this or shows that won't stream into their country, or some of them are just cheap.

Looks like I'm gonna watch it tomorrow now, so
    DON'T SPOIL IT FOR ME!

13. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

Glad you put that spoiler thread... I was going to comment on one of the pre cards. Menjivar-Gashimov... But I'll wait until tomorrow.

14. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I err, use Vuze, but not for UFC fights, the result would be known before the share had been completed. It was the first episode of season 3 of The Killing tonight, gotta check out iplayer or torrents to catch up

15. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

First UFC I follow real time, enjoying it.

16. Pompeythegreat

Pompeythegreat Im Very White Aparently

Really good undercard. Probably one of the best I've seen

17. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Watching it the Coach & Horses with my Sifu Harinder Singh and Bb mag instructor of the year John Riddle! Awesome matches so far!

GO GSP!!

18. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

As I live in the north of Africa (Spain), had to watch it alone in my computer. Very enjoyable matches.

When I was watching the free facebook undercard I was thinking "those are the newbies? They are good." Glad to see it was a good undercard. There's future for UFC.

19. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

Well, now that I think on it, UFC rans in Spain from 3 AM to 7 AM... not many pubs open at those hours... pity!

20. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Some barn burner match ups here!

ahahhaha... shame on you those who said that GSP might be too rusty to pull this off after some time away. He smashed Condit. Mauled him. Condit accounted for himself quite well... but GSP was too beastly for him. Condit never really found his range on the stand up. He landed one real kick of consequence that had everyone holding their breath for a second but he couldn't find GSP's chin for most of his onslaught. Condit was a tough customer from the bottom... But in good old GSP fashion he was able to take him down and pound him GSP drawing first blood via elbow on the ground - and it got bloodier from there. Nice little goose egg on the side of GSP's head because of a kick by Condit. GSP looked like he was all over the bagel-head trend so big in Japan at the moment. Dont do that GSP it looks terrible. :D As for Condit... GSP was too tall an order - and in his home arena.... Condit wasn't able to connect enough nor was able to really put GSP on the backfoot in almost any of the rounds. GSP on the other hand made Condit fight his fight the whole way through.