Tyson in a streetfight?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by gutshot, Aug 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BangkokBabay

BangkokBabay New Member

Well said Nicolo!!!!!!!!!! ;)

2. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

I would try knee strikes but i'm small and would get my head taken off. I would run. I aint gonna bs, lol. I may have a shot in the dark but thats about it. I don't like to get bitten either... The factor that tyson is nuts makes it worse.

I'm 5'6 140 pounds and have trouble sparring 250 pound giants (they do out rank me though big time but lol I cannot give them damage less I use dirty fighting).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  3. snailfist

snailfist Valued Member

I think the fight referred to (might be a different one though) was started by two men, one of whom had an iron bar. Mathematically the odds were significantly in their favour.

In case I am talking about a different incident, Tyson was later prosecuted for his actions. He punched the men to the ground- in self defense, which nearly got their case against him dropped- but then got videod taking off his jacket and returning to beat them some more.

4. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Ted Wong has an analogy I've always liked. A big, strong guy, he's got a lot of money in the bank. A well coordinated, skilled guy, he knows how to make the best use of his money. Mike Tyson, he's got a lot of both, and the two combined make for someone very, very bad to pick a fight with, regardless of what "situations" he's trained for. Are there people out there who could beat him? Undoubtedly. But I think if he breaks into K1, that list is going to get a lot smaller. He certainly seems to be taking this very seriously, and he may just make it big there too. It's funny so many people think they'll just "take him to the ground" and be done with it. One of my sifu's favorite things to talk about is how many grapplers foolishly say they're willing to take a punch to take a guy down. His VERY example is that you certainly wouldn't want to do that against something like a mike tyson uppercut. People seem to think he's just going to stand there and wait for them to close into HIS range, so they can make the first move. Tyson is KNOWN for his aggressiveness, he isn't just going to sit there! Speculate all you'd like, I don't think you'd be able to say what would really happen, and I personally think most of the theories circulating around here would be shattered faster than the jaws of the dreamers who came up with them under one of those punches.

5. totality

totality New Member

why is this thread even still alive? chances are, if you aren't a large, strong, fast, and VERY well-trained martial artist, you won't be able to take mike tyson. that said...
    sounds to me like your sifu has never fought a strong and determined wrestler. (i.e. Mark Kerr, in his day).

one of my favorite drills is to try to take down someone who is punching me. it hurts (he's a boxer with a little wrestling experience, outweighs me by 40lb.), but he goes down.

6. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Because i find it amusing ;)

Accept it guys, if your not a pro-fighter you stand next to zero chance of lasting more than 1 second with Iron Mike (well maybe if you were a pro-sprinter ;) ).

It doesn't matter if you've practiced complete style X for 20 yrs, you work for a living, Mike fights for one.

CASE CLOSED!

7. Jax

Jax New Member

i was watching k1 a while ago was bob sapp against someone(i forgot) but after sapp has finished bad word deleted him tyson, who was spectating tried to get in the ring and fight with him. I dont know if any of you have seen sapp but he is about 280 pounds of solid muscle, now them two would be a good fight.

As for the street fighting, i understand what you mean. if your not used to taking full on punches to the head when you get one all your discipline will most likely go out of the window and you will act like you have no MA training.

When i first started full contact sparring i found it hard to keep my cool, when someone smacks you in the face full on so hard it sends you dizzy you want to dive at them fists flying but after a while you get used to it and you get used to taking it, which i hope if i ever get into a serious street fight will help me to whoop their ass(s).

I think what people need to remeber is in a street fight there is no rules, bad word deleted them up, do whatever it takes to win, even if that means smashing their head against the floor, if you don't they will and then your in a world of crap.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2004
  8. Tireces

Tireces New Member

Sounds to me like you've never fought a strong and determined puncher (i.e. Mike Tyson, in his day). :D

9. Freeform

I thought he still was!

10. Tireces

Tireces New Member

I know, I was just making a joke.

11. wcrevdonner

wcrevdonner Valued Member

I don't like to swear but...NOT a then don't swear CHANCE. Anyone ever notice that when he missed with the punches he followed through with the forearm; thats not just good boxing sense but good streetfighting sense full stop. And he was a bad-ass before, as someone has stated. There are certain people you look at and just think, 'not a chance in hell freezing over.' Will be interesting to see what happens in the K1 matches if they ever happen...

Actually, I remember seeing Mark Kerr in a fight, and he seemed like a nutter as well; what what those two would look like in a scrap...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2004
  12. totality

totality New Member

while he has no formal training in the art of nutting, he did, at one time, favor the use of using his head as a weapon in the ring.

and it would look terrible now most likely, the man is old, fat, and just got the crap kicked out of him by one of the fighters pride throws in the ring with the intentions of letting them get killed. he knocked himself out when he was taking the guy down...:cry:

13. JurassicWarrior

JurassicWarrior New Member

The biggest athete ever(and still is) to my knowledge is a sumo wrestler who is 6.8 and 704 lbs. Correct me if I'm wrong but the guy competed in a UFC.

14. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Nobody quote me on this but I think the guy you ^^^ maybe talking about got knocked out.

Tyson is an animal.

Very well said. I doubt one person on this board would be able to take him.

15. JurassicWarrior

JurassicWarrior New Member

He did get knocked out by a kenpo guy. But nevertheless, he is big.

16. englishpremier

englishpremier Valued Member

as i understand it, tyson has been in many "street fights" in hotles, roof tops where ever and the other guys hasn't always come off worse.

Heard he broke his hand against a street fighter

17. Freeform

Yep, its mentioned earlier ;)

18. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Kgirl: Language!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2004
  19. Einherjer

Einherjer New Member

"it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

20. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

Tyson is accostumed to the ring and the rules. I wonder what he'd do agianst a grappler like a Jiu jitsu or Aikido person. Please tell me what you think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.