Tyson in a streetfight?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by gutshot, Aug 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moondog

moondog ch'en fake wannabe

haha i totally agree. although there is a 1% chance that someone in this thread could beat tyson, the odds against you are about 99%. tyson has an inborn killing instinct, that's part of the reason he's very successful. my teacher in taiji is an incredible MAist, and i think he'd have a very hard time trying to take tyson down, if he could do it at all. there is a reason he's feared and respected.

2. booj

booj New Member

I know the feeling mate - doesn't go down very well in the office tho - na' mean?

3. Kanester

Kanester New Member

What u saying man - the office is where I do most of my drop-downs - you should see dem squirm in those weekly team meetings!

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Tyson would eat ALL of you guys and still have room for ice-cream, ground or not. :p

By the by, you know that K1 are introducing a Vale Tudo section and have signed Tyson? He's seriously working on his grappling game now! :D

Col

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You should see my "office":D

6. booj

booj New Member

PMSL!!!

7. Adam

Adam New Member

Mike Tyson is only 200 pounds? Funny, I had the impression he was a lot heavier. And could melt iron by glaring at it :D

8. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

Tyson is a boxer, he is used to rules. I think he would lose against a martial artist who uses no rules and doesn't hold any thing back.

9. redbull

redbull New Member

your kidding your self. this guy thrives on aggression, hits really hard and knows where to hit. Also, the guy spent how many years in jail, im sure he had plenty of "no rules" fight in there. And lastly, people are under the impresion that because someone is a boxer he would not know what to do in a ground situation, or would not throw any kicks, or that a judoka is oblivious to what a punch is. this is just not so, when the aldrenaline is rushing you just dont know what someone will come up with. Personally, i think tyson is more dangerous without rules that with rules, he bit someones ear off with rules,imagine what he will do in a no rules fight.

10. moondog

you got that right... tyson also grew up in the streets you have to remember... he's more of a streetfighter than a boxer in my opinion... you just don't lose that instinct no matter how long you've spent away from streetfights

11. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Yes, just ask Mr Holyfield about that shall we!

'What was that sonny? Speak up I don't hear so good anymore!'

Col

12. moondog

hehehe :)

13. andycartland

andycartland New Member

You must be taking the p1ss. Take on Tyson in a street fight?

14. spired

spired New Member

I watched Fight Club in Eurosport- Remy Bonjaski special. He also said there that he would like fight with Tyson. What do you think about that?
    For a 100kg his knee strikes are very strong and fast, also his footwork. Every 100kg of him is good.

15. b19vny

b19vny Valued Member

This is laughable - it's a wind-up surely.

One punch - bang! - all over. He'd break/dislocate your jaw, tear the muscles in your neck and you'd be "beddie-byes" before you knew what had happenned. If you managed to hit / kick him first you'd better strap yourself in for the ride of your life!

Take him out of the ring and he'd be in his element. He was one tough kid before he put the gloves on.

Now let's be serious for a minute Superman vs Spiderman?

16. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Basically, unless your name is lennox lewis, don't bother...

17. LIghts OUt

LIghts OUt New Member

what do you guys think about Tito Ortiz vs Iron Mike ? any match? :confused:

18. redbull

redbull New Member

i think tito will have a good chance against mike cause tito is also one badd mother****er. it al depends if tito can take it to the ground or if mikes knocks him out before it gets that far.

19. cioGium

cioGium New Member

It seems that you all forget the meaning of the expresion "street fight". A street fight might happen everywhere-in a mall, an the cinema, at the dentist or in the street. You are never prepared for a street fight!! This is the aspect that most people that had never been involved in a street fight tend to neglect- no one tels you to begin- it just happens. When you ask someone about a street fight they say: i would do this and that and maybe this again but in a street fight scenario you don't have the time to think, and if you are not train to FIGHT you will lose.

A street fight with Mike Tyson will look like the one in the pic i attached. Just a glimpse of what your oponent would look like. The honly sh*t factor is very BIG in this case! Do you like what you see?!?!? Would you like to be at the end of that right cross? Would you dodge that ? I bet that 80% of us would freeze or at least be knoked out before realize what have just happened. I am the first of that 80%.

20. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

Tyson may not be a BIG BIG guy, but he hits HARD and he has that crazy fool factor going for him. The latinos that goofed on him were expecting a dopey lisping oaf, not an explosive maniac. They were wrong of course. Tyson clocked them HARD and sent them to the hospital.
    He's just downright scary in certain ways and any person would now be understandably reluctant to tangle with him.

Tito Ortiz could probably take out Iron Mike in a fight, but with those hammers for hands, who knows?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.