Tyson in a streetfight?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by gutshot, Aug 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gutshot

gutshot New Member

Ok I was reading the news recently and read tyson got in some street fight. this leads me to this one litte question, who in his right mind would take on mike tyson in a street fight!? i mean going against tyson bareknuckle is insane, but an all out streetfight with the guy? my friend once saw tyson at a shopping mall where he was doing some sorta apearance and he says tysons just this giant black wall, tv makes the guy look smaller according to him... what do you guys think about this?

2. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Depends on the situation. Would you let the guy walk all over you?

I wouldn't want to fight anybody in a street fight but if you've no choice what do you do?

3. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Tyson's not that scary physically
    (Well he's a ugly bugger but he can't help that),

Nor is he that big. He's pretty small for a heavyweight. 5'11 and approx 220-240 pounds (Heavier now that he's fatter and lazier).
    when you consider that he's usually smaller in stature than the guys he's fighting.

He's unhinged and that's what most people are the most wary about.

But he has a bad attitude and regardless of his rep, if he ****ed off someone who had a touch paper temper, then they'd go at it, regardless.

He's also a very good boxer, but not invincible.

Would I like to fight him-I wouldn't like to fight anybody, that's why I stay out of trouble, regardless of whether it's with Tyson or a Flying Midget.

Now Big Show the wrestler, he's massive.

4. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Tyson was the smallest modern heavyweight champion - 5'10 at 215. Marciano was smaller at 5'8 and 180 lbs, but that would not qualify him as a heavyweight today.

5. gutshot

gutshot New Member

hmm i never bothered thinking about how heavy he really is and size i guess... one of my friends stepdad is this huge ass 300 pound dude i think hes in the navy or the marines, not too sure though. i guess he could take him...

still if ever faced with tyson on the streets and if i somehow ended up in a fight with him i'd run as fast as i could.

6. jet

jet New Member

yeah, tyson's not that big. even big show isn't the biggest athlete. andre the giant was 7'5 & 550 lbs. big show'll kill tyson in a streetfight cuz tyson's fists can't reach his face even if he jumps as high as he can. show is unable to feel pain so punches to the body r useless. then the 500 pounder'll hit a chokeslam on a 235 pound mike tyson. a chokeslam on the streets would hurt!!! instead tyson'd betta call a big guy like kane or brock lesnar

7. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

That's only if Tyson sticks to boxing rules, if he used common sense and went for streetfighting rules he'd probably gnaw off the guys groin. Love to see him ignore that pain.

8. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

Exactly! One thing boxers are not generally used to is low kicks.

..........I would still make a puddle though. :eek:

9. Hitman

Hitman New Member

I box and kickbox among other things, if you watch some of his warm-ups with his trainer that have been recorded, his hook could probably put down a cow. so no I wouldn't want to fight him (but then I'm medium-lightweight, so he could probably sit on me and win anyway) besides, just look at his face, been hammered on so many times it looks like he met a sledgehammer that was reeeeaaally ****ed off

10. Nimrook

Nimrook New Member

I would be more scared of Butterbean in a streetfight then Tyson. Butterbean doesn't know how to box, just punch and take punches. Tyson would be in boxing mode, Butterbean would just pound your skull in. I do realize that Butterbean is a joke, but the guy has a chin like a stone pillar, anything short of a baseball bat wouldn't even faze him.

11. zun

zun New Member

I've heard Tyson has signed a contract with K1 in japan for publicity rights. Next step is to sign a fighting contract. Rules are to be decided - most likely under Queensbury rules or even K1 rules, which would allow low kicks.

Being a convicted rapist, whether Japan would allow Tyson a visa would be another matter altogether.

One to watch.

12. Floorismyfriend

Floorismyfriend New Member

Roy jones jr would eat up tyson in a street fight.
    Tyson is just too out of shape.

13. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

CKD student!! Thats great, another line that made me laugh out loud, 'Gnaw off his groin."!! :D

14. booj

booj New Member

take tyson to the floor and ground and pound him into submission....thats wot i'd do

15. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I'll hold your jacket.

16. Adam

Adam New Member

I'll pick up your teeth.

17. Pika

Pika New Member

Tyson is physically scary in real life. Forget the fact he is only 5 10 guys, he is 100kg ripped, and its all top weight. Don't be fooled, I have met him, and he is physically scary.

lol at taking Tyson to the ground. You want to be slick to keep him there.

18. Vincenzo

Vincenzo New Member

i can't see jones beating tyson on the street. Different mentality on those two.

19. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I belive there are quite a few who could and would take him there and keep him there - but I doubt they're posting it on internet forums.

20. Vincenzo

Vincenzo New Member

i can't see jones beating tyson on the street. Different mentality on those two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.