Twin Upset Punch _Chang Hon

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Earl Weiss, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

It has been my practice to teach and perform this technique with the fists slightly wider than the elbows and slightly higher than the elbows.

Volume 3 photos shows fists slightly higher than elbows (Slight incline of forearm) but forearms are parallel - fists as wide as elbows - not wider.

Volume 9 additional techniques for Chun Gun specifies "The back fist comes to the same level as the elbow joint" and photo shows forearms level with the floor. Also parallel.

What is your practice?

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Fists as wide as, and level with elbows, forearms parallel to floor.

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

While I think this is a highly impractical technique I do it with my elbows tucked into my sides and my fists closer together. Slight upward angle to target the kidneys.
    Surely if your fists are wider than your elbows they'd miss any target on your opponent?

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Typical Yorkshireman - won't fight the enemy from the front. :)

5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'm from London you twonk. I just happen to currently grace the Yorkshire people with my presence. :)

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

That's like going from worst to worstest.

7. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

Except that it's specified as a technique primarily used against 2 opponents.

Practicality is a whole other topic.

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Damn. I had no idea. I don't look at any twin or double technique as hitting or blocking two people are once. That's madness.
    I'm not gonna base my training or outlook on someone's dreams of what fighting is like. :)

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

San-makgi / W-shaped block - now that's a fun topic for the practicality debate!

10. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

As well as those of the "Alternate / Real" application " mindset.

11. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Do you have a pic?

12. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

13. 47MartialMan

14. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

Works for me. Try accessing thru another internet provider.

15. 47MartialMan

Tried, still not workimg

16. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

17. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Earl, I am not in TKD(yet will be in DEC) and I will be going into KKW style, but that link is awesome, lots of information there. Even if it is not totally relevant to what I am going to be doings. So thanks for sharing it!

18. 47MartialMan

Works now...thanks...Are you talking about the Twist fist or the U Punch

Yes, once I got it to work, its was a great site

19. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

excellent share, well done Earl.

Baza

20. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

I'm sorry. It's page 57.

For those not familir with how the encyclopedia works, each volume has an index at the end where you can see what page something is on. Each also contains a synopsis of the volumes.

Indexes can be tricky because if you don't know the way a techniques is named you might not find it easily. FWIW Vol 3 is Hand Tech, and Vol 4 is leg techniques. Volume 2 is stances.