TV and anime shows

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flaming, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Alright Zinowor. Am I watching the Cell Saga now with the Chimera Ant Arc?

2. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Well, it's a popular theme in Japan. :p

You're going at lightning speed though haha.

3. Ero-Sennin

I have nothing else to do!

I'm getting pretty close to the end of the Arc (I think). Everyone is rapping up their fights with the royal guard, but I can't seem to find enough interest in the octopus guy's actions, the butterfly guy in the royal guard, and the wold ant guy trying to figure things out. There were a good 3 episodes where this was the majority of the show, but it just wasn't very interesting.

The third person omniscient narration of many of the fights going on is an amazingly excellent form of storytelling at this point though. When this form of narration started happening it really threw a new element into the story that was simply awesome. Excellent way to cover a short amount of time with multiple events going on. I've been really taken away with it!

At least Gon isn't using a stupid fishing pole anymore, lol.

4. Ero-Sennin

This

Attached Files:

5. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Indeed, I usually don't like narration, but it's done very well here. It gives more meaning to the situation it seems.

I'm not particularly fond of the octopus stuff either. :p

6. Ero-Sennin

Great, Anime stops at ep. 134. Sigh*

I really hate all the parts with Pouf (butterfly guy). What a friggen lame character. Is the manga worth reading?

7. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

It's worth reading, but it's only 1 arc ahead or something.

8. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Nice last ep from naruto btw. ;)

9. Ero-Sennin

Hunter:

Yeah I started reading the manga and decided to just read the Hunterpedia to get the questions I wanted answered on specific characters :p. I hope Gon gets some other friggen ability since he supposedly sacrificed using Nen. I thought the use of a nuclear bomb and Frieza/Cell Fusion got killed from radiation poison was pretty cool. I bet there's a large amount of people who think that diminishes the use of Nen, but I don't think so. No matter how powerful you are I'm willing to bed you're going to have a hard time having a nuke blow up in your face, lol.

Naruto:

I wasn't really into this last chapter. I'm just reading it to see it through at this point. The chapters are too short honestly; you could cover the last 10 chapters in one!

10. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

The Chimaera Arc for me was something else. I already liked how Hunter x Hunter 2011 put so much emotion in the movements of the characters. This made the fighting scenes so much better. Like that first punch you see during the flashback of Netero's training. It's a real punch. Also, it's funny because until that moment, you don't realize how strong Netero really is. :p

The narration in the Chimaera Arc adds that special something to the show and I'm a particular fan of the soundtracks they use.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwiQoJBrP-Y"]Hunter x Hunter (2011) OST - RASETSU - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe6cRHAbzSg"]Hunter x Hunter 2011 ost - netero's death track - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfR9haRPlSc"]Hunter x Hunter 2011 OST - The Last Mission (Extended) - YouTube[/ame]

Great tracks.

I meant the anime actually. I read this part in the manga and the anime version of it didn't disappoint. :D

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  11. Ero-Sennin

I might have to start watching the anime again. I stopped some time a couple years ago because I was tired of all the damned fillers. The manga doesn't have the fillers. Has the anime even revealed that Tobi is Madaraa yet?

12. Ero-Sennin

What day do new chapters come out for Hunter x Hunter 2011? Is it on Wednesday like the other big mangas?

13. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Yeah, they're pretty far actually. They've already caught up to the point where Orochimaru revives the past Hokages and Sasuke having a talk with them.

I think it's Thursday, but not sure. They've only brought out 3 new chapters since they announced they would be continuing the manga.

14. Ero-Sennin

That's good to know. It's one of the top mangas on Mangapanda, I would expect them to continue it!

15. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Orange is the New Black.

I keep calling it Oranges are Not the Only Fruit, that might be lost on a lot of you. My girlfriend watched both seasons and enjoyed it immensely, so we're watching it together. It's basically a "chick" version of Oz*, with a lot more humour. The acting, script and characters are all excellent. I believe some of the actors are first timers in a production of this scale, you wouldn't know.

Worth watching if you like black comedy-drama. Quite touching and sad in places.

*That needs to be watched again.

16. Ero-Sennin

It came out on Mangapanda.com today like the other big mangas. My Wed. manga chapter readings are getting in depth!

17. Ero-Sennin

The TV show Penny Dreadful will make you want to kill yourself.

It has Eva Green though, which keeps me alive.

18. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Mangapanda.com?

Dude, that website is almost the EXACT same as mangareader.net

I wonder who's the copycat. :thinking:

19. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Actually, it's probably from the same guy/group.

20. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Penny Dreadful, Orange is the New Black, Dominion and my recent favourite House of Cards. Looking forward to the return of Sons of Anarchy and Game of Thrones. Might check out Extant soon.