TV and anime shows

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flaming, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Try using Google.

2. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Breaking Bad. Yeah, a fair bit of it. It starts pretty rubbish, I think it was deliberate, and then gets pretty grim...in a good way...If you like that sort of thing.

I haven't finished the series, my girlfriend thought it was too depressing.

She's away until late tomorrow night*, I should have watched a few more episodes.

*Chatroom,Ero? Can we get our own quiet corner?

#crisco

3. Ero-Sennin

I would, but I'm trying to build a giant city in Minecraft and am about to log off. My MAC laptop can't handle running Minecraft and the internet at the same time, much less Flash Chat. :p

We should start using the chatroom more often though!

4. Bozza Bostik

To be honest, I'm a little scared of being in there alone with you.

5. Ero-Sennin

It's ok, we don't have to be rough. We can get Sloth in for a Lemon Party. (That's another Google experience you may not know of Sloth, lol)

6. Bozza Bostik

Don't Sloth, don't.

Smash your PC or whatever now before the temptation takes over.

Erm...Who will be who?

7. Ero-Sennin

I'll be Captain Picard

Attached Files:

8. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Hahaha, damn it dude, I'm trying to eat here! Stop making me laugh! :D

Pffft. America Online or Internet Explorer, bro :p

Fair enough. At least it's not another one like Ugly Betty. Might actually sit there and watch this one.

Haha, you already got me with that one dude. As I recall, it was this pic that did it:

[​IMG]

9. LemonSloth

Pffft. That's nothing. You should see some of the "My Little Pony" videos that my daughter watches. Now they're disturbing.

10. Bozza Bostik

I should report you! How can you let kids watch something so disturbing.

(My nephew grew up watching League of Gentlemen. He seems ok...kinda).

11. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

If you like Naruto, then you will probably like Hunter x Hunter 2011 better.

It's insanely good. The original Hunter x Hunter was pretty good, but this new version, the 2011 version has brought this series to a whole new level and it also follows the manga further into the story.

Trust me, give Hunter x Hunter 2011 a chance and you will definitely like it. I'm not saying this as a fanboy, but as an anime expert.

The combination of animation and story from Hunter x Hunter 2011 is unmatched so far.

And I personally prefer the special abilities from this show over Naruto, but that's just my opinion.

12. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

If you have any doubts, watch this and then decide.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkqVvb_QoYs"]HUNTER x HUNTER 2011 Gon vs Hisoka Part 1 HD W Subs - YouTube[/ame]

13. Ero-Sennin

Meh, I watched the video you posted and I'm not terribly impressed. Not a big fan of anime drawn up like this. The more realistic looking, the less I find myself getting into it.

And nothing is better than Naruto sir. You need to post an apology for that!

14. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Realistic?

Not really.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcAXtqyG8HQ"]Gon vs Razor - Dodgeball (HxH 2011) - YouTube[/ame]

Like I said, special abilities.

15. Ero-Sennin

The drawing of the people, it's realistic. It's more like what normal human beings would look like, and tries to be too detailed for my taste. Obviously anime isn't realistic, lol.

16. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Hmm, isn't Naruto Shippuuden the same?

Actually, their bodies look even more realistic don't they?

17. Ero-Sennin

Not really. You don't see anyone with musculature in the way the anime you're posting about does. The characters tend to be clothed a lot more. While Naruto has a lot of detail to it, it's different than this Hunter show. It's more "big blocks of colorful detail" vs. a shadowy backdrop with character detail and more focus on individual movement like this Hunter show seems to have. I'm not an art major so I'm probably describing this horribly. I guess Naruto has adult themes but looks like a child's cartoon, and Hunter looks like an adult anime (with childish themes from the vids you're posting :p).

I'm sure the Hunter series is good, it's just not appealing to my eyes. If I commented on the story from what you posted I would be doing it an injustice.

The reasons it doesn't look appealing is for the same reason Yu Yu Hakushuo, Full Metal Alchemist, and even Attack on Titan (which gets me purely by the storyline) never appealed to me right away but they're all awesome anime. However, nothing has touched even close to Naruto for me, not even DBZ. I've been following it since I was 17 or 18 years old. You won't convince me anything is better. :p

18. LemonSloth

...Yeah, ok. I'll try that one soon.

I keep forgetting to try Naruto as well actually. Seems to be rather popular.

I quite like Baki the Grappler actually. It's utterly ridiculous but just amazing because it is so ridiculous :p

For a brief moment I saw the bolded bit and sat there thinking "YOU TAKE THAT BACK! FMA IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!".

Then I read the rest of your comment.

Knee jerk reactions aren't fun :p

19. Ero-Sennin

Get on it dammit! I would suggest reading the manga, but it's not the same experience as the show, especially not from the start. If you find a website that tells you what episodes are fillers and what are main story arcs, I would use it to skip the fillers. While entertaining to a degree, after a while it gets old as hell.

I didn't like FMA too much to be honest. It's a good anime, and I can see why people like it, but it wasn't my thing either. I think it's because I watched it on Netflix and got confused about the story line though, not because the show wasn't interesting.

20. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

I see. The art style is important to you.

I'm not like that, so it's hard for me to understand. Animes tend to have very different art styles from one another and I appreciate most if not all. I also read manga, so I've seen tons of different art styles. I don't really prefer one specific style. Rather, I judge anime/manga on different values. Hard to say what those are though. It's more like an overall impression.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcSuAhbtIFg"]Ping Pong the Animation [720p] - YouTube[/ame]

This anime for example, has a very different art style from what you typically see. Many people ignore this anime, because of the artwork, but it's actually brilliant. I personally think the artwork is brilliant too, but oh well.

It's like saying that women with certain aesthetics are not your type, but then you meet a girl you like with those aesthetics and you're left with 2 options.

1. Keep holding onto your statement and say she's not your type, while you bite your lip.

2. Admit she's lovely and realize "types" are baloney.

About Naruto. I mentioned this anime series, because it's one of my all-time favorites too. I don't care much for the manga anymore, but it's really fun to watch as an anime. And Sasuke's fight with Itachi is one of my all-time favorite anime fights. Sasuke's thunder attack was insane which put it in the all-time favorite category for me. It's a shame it's gone over the top now in the manga. It's not making much sense anymore.

I've pretty much watched every action anime there is. From Afro Samurai to DBZ. Hunter x Hunter 2011 just overpowered anything I've ever seen.

I was more of a Bleach guy than Naruto btw, but Naruto Shippuuden gradually became more interesting, while Bleach gradually became more boring. :cry: The seireitei arc is still the best one. Everything after that was only momentarily interesting. Naruto won in the end.

Btw, do you watch anime with dubs or subs?

I've always felt subs are better, because the voice actors in Japan are held to a higher standard, because of the fierce competition.

But I know many people prefer dubs. I've always found it disturbing to see a feminine boy talk like a 40 year old navy seal. :woo: