TV and anime shows

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flaming, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

On Cinemax there is a show called Banshee I have been watching.

It's about this ex-con jewel thief who is visiting the town of Banshee because his Ex lover is living there under an assumed identity. When the new town sheriff gets killed before he even starts his first day on the job, the Ex-con decides it would be real cool to assume his identity and stick around to reconnect with the Ex.

To me this show has so many goofy things going on that it's great.

It has an ex-Amish crime boss who is a Wing Chun expert, and his bow tie wearing, calm psycho killer right hand man.

Previously mentioned Ex-con/sheriff has to be the luckiest or the best streetfighter ever based on his abilities to fight muscled up giants and MMA fighters. He also has Don Draper like abilities with women.

It's worth it for the fight scenes alone!

------------------------------------------------------------

I also binged watched through the History channel Vikings show as well. It's pretty cool!

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Just blew through the first season of a show called "Attack on Titan." Story about giants of no gender that appear and start eating human kind and can regenerate. This forces mankind to wall itself up, but giant Titans with special abilities start appearing and breaking the walls down.

It sounds crazy, but it's really good. I'm disappointed that I blew through season 1 in two days and now there isn't a season 2 yet :'(.

3. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Lewis.

Netflix has all the episodes so I've been working through them. It doesn't start so well but picks up after a few episodes. DS Hathaway (Laurence Fox) really steals the show imo.

I don't think i'll ever visit Oxford though. It looks nice, but it probably has the second highest rate of murder in the UK after Midsomer.

4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

i warcged "the league" on netflix, it rivals arrested development and blue mountain state for insane call back jokes and loopy characters that weave together really well

5. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ya, "The League" is funny! Wife discovered it last year. :)

6. Heikki Mustola

Heikki Mustola Valued Member

Just finished rewatching Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple anime again. Enjoyed it, fantastic job with the english dub. Real fun and I bet some people here would enjoy it, since its about martial arts. Going overboard every now and then of course, but its enjoyable and I have heard that now after many years, they have made new OVA episodes, I hope the funimation will dub them too.

7. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I started watching American Horror Story last night. I've been meaning to watch it for a couple of years.

It's not bad, but I don't know how they can spin out the story for 12 episodes. I quite like the way each season has a totally different story. I think a lot of TV programs just drag on for years with the same characters and basic idea until they lose the plot and become quite dull (Peep Show and It's Always Sunny...are two of my favourite programs that are now painful to watch). the different settings and stories for each season might keep the series interesting.

8. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I watched all 25 episodes that are subbed/dubbed for "Attack on Titan" recently.

Bit tiresome and cheesy to start with constantly hearing all the character's inner fear dialogue but it grew into a pretty spectacular season before the end.

Rewatching some of the old Dragonball Z fights from different series 'cos of the nostalgia. Happy times :)

9. Ero-Sennin

Once the show got going, I couldn't stop watching! Can't wait for season 2 to come along.

I've been watching a lot of TV shows lately.

Turn - About spies during the American Revolutionary War. It's ok; it keeps your attention.

Black Sails - Show about Pirates. Very entertaining, beautiful people everywhere, lots of drama.

Silicon Valley - Show about a guy who develops a program to compress files very quickly. Dude's a total nerd and is given the choice to sell or develop his own company, decides to develop his own company. The show is hilarious.

10. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

So are there any anime fans here that haven't watched 'Hunter x Hunter 2011' yet?

11. LemonSloth

*Raises hand awkwardly*

12. Ero-Sennin

How the hell do you raise your hand awkwardly? What are you trying to say with that? Are you flailing it about until it reaches the upright position? Twirling your hand around in circles until it's straight up in the air? Maybe pretending your hand is an itsy bitsy spider climbing in the air?

I need more for this visual.

13. LemonSloth

ROFL :D

Like this, I imagine :p

[​IMG]

Just re-read your post dude, are they actually doing a Season 2?!

Heard a rumour there might be a mini movie as well, any idea if that's true or not?

14. Ero-Sennin

http://www.google.com/

Attached Files:

15. LemonSloth

Huh. The site I used said that they weren't doing Season 2 and that a movie was only a rumour. Go figure.

16. Ero-Sennin

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  17. LemonSloth

No I don't, I just need to use it more often.

Or, you know, you could try and have a conversation like a normal person would :p

=====

Who here has watched "Breaking Bad"? Wifey was talking about possibly getting it on DVD, is it actually any good?

18. Ero-Sennin

19. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

What is a Google Fu practice Lemon.

20. Ero-Sennin

Use it more often? Good sir, if your homepage isn't Google, you're doing it wrong!

Breaking Bad is a really good series. I didn't get into it until around the 2nd and 3rd season, but the 1st is still entertaining. It just didn't "hook" me until the 2nd. I wouldn't buy the DVDs though. It's on Netflix and other easy to find sites that allow you to watch TV shows for free, which I cannot link to here in this thread.

If your google Fu was strong you wouldn't need my help in finding these sites either.