TV and anime shows

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flaming, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I have to say, one of my favorite things about the show so far is they actually run out of ammo, and they reload too.

2. Ero-Sennin

The Blacklist. Holy crap. 10 episodes in and I still have no clue what is going, but in a good way. Awesome soundtrack to the show as well, just absolutely captivating.

3. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Oh hell yes I am. The first episode wasn't very good but the second and third I really got into.

4. Ero-Sennin

Yeah, I bet the second episode got you hooked you scoundrel.

5. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Boardwalk Empire season 4 finished. I like how the characters developed through this season. I don't see it mentioned as often as some other shows in the media I see, in comparision to my percieved quality of the show.

6. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

One of a few series I follow

In real life, the characters/actual people went a "different" way. Although the writers "fill in dialogue", that seem to stay close to the characters.

7. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Now that Dexter and Breaking Bad are over.
    Continuing with Arrow, loving it.
    Elementary Season 2 has been great. This and Sherlock are two great modern takes to Sherlock. Johnny Lee Miller is great as Holmes.

I can't believe I didn't catch on to Sons of Anarchy before. IMO it's one of the great crime dramas, on Par with the likes of Sopranos, Wire, Shield, Breaking Bad (I actually prefer it a lot more than Breaking Bad). It's extremely well written. Katy Sagal is fantastic. Would reccomend to anyone into Crime Drama's. I've found it extremely addictive.

8. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Awesome. I've just started on Elementary, part way through season one and I agree, Miller makes an excellent Holmes. However, I'm not convinced about Lucy Liu's Watson but she's growing on me.

9. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Dude, it's Lucy Liu! What more convincing do you need????

10. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Almost Human I like the cop buddy chemistry. The setting looks a bit tacky at times but so did firefly maybe I wanted a more blade runner future.

Helix, I think if you liked the latest Thing film you'd like this. The old Thing film was better but thearctic base setting apeals to me. And I like zombies but I didn't like the last walking dead episodes much.

Silent Witness watched the double last week this weeks one looks enjoyable, set in scotland. If I ever went on a hunt I think I'd let someone else shoot the deer I wouldn't find any fun in that I'd rather shoot a criminal than an animal.

True Detective I feel saturated with detectives but this looks good as well. Matthew McConaughey's character is interesting.

11. THEFOREVERMAN

THEFOREVERMAN Banned Banned

Rurouni Kenshin. Wandering samurai

12. Chimpcheng

I'm probably going to catch some flak for this, but last night I finally sat down and watched the first episode of Luther and MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! How did this pass me by?

This week is going to be lost as I attempt to catch up on the entire series. :)

13. THEFOREVERMAN

THEFOREVERMAN Banned Banned

Better get a flak jacket.
    Luther? What's it about?

14. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

British crime thing. Kinda gritty and that. It's good if you like that type of thing.

Luther is awesome.

15. Ero-Sennin

Is this relatively new? I can't seem to find much on a Google search, is it a real world TV show or a cartoon?

16. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

17. Ero-Sennin

Yeah I just found it. I was getting some really weird stuff in Google typing in "Luther anime/manga." Mostly weird looking guys with skateboards and I had no idea how you would tie a good crime fighting/detective storyline into the characters that were popping up that wounding seem . . . "kiddy."

18. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Bitten

The new Laura Vandervoort werewolf show on Scyfy where the wolfs from packs are noble and the lone wolves are dirty filthy mutts. The first three episodes have been interesting but based on the set up it's really hard to tell where they will go from here. The show is basically centered around Laura's character Elena, a member of the pack who wants to leave that life behind but keeps getting drawn back in. In this case there is a newly turned mutt killing people and threatening to expose the existence of werewolves. Elena, the only female to ever survive being turned, is somehow the best tracker in the pack and is needed to help find the mutt before it's too late so she reluctantly returns home to the pack to do her duty. She seems to like seeing every one again except Clay, a former flame and possible the one who turned her. The story is slow to reveal it self but it's clear there are anger issues there and that he's a big part of her reason for wanting to leave and also for not wanting to come back or stay. Much like the vamps in Buffy it seems that all werewolves somehow know martial arts. At least Laura will get to show off her real life black belt now and again.

19. Chimpcheng

You had me at Laura Vandervoot.

20. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

there's a pretty awesome swedish series called äkta människor (real humans i think they called it in english) that's pretty damn cool. it follows a few parallel and occasionally intersecting plotlines in a world where humanlike android/gynoid workers have become the norm, and you get all the social stuff about living with the robots, distrust of the robots, treatment/mistreatment of the robots, so on and so forth, at the same time as fully sentient ones pop up and start doing stuff not as incognito as they perhaps should. and then stuff happens, as usually tends to be the case in a tv series. they're currently on the second season (10 episodes for the first one, probably 10 for the second as well)

disclaimer: it conains small amounts of boobies and violence.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014