TUF 9

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Axelator, Apr 2, 2009.

1. mafoota

mafoota Skidoosh

I thought it was a tap, it certainly looked like one. If I was reffing I'd have stopped it ( if I'd seen it of course).

I think the edititng is in the UK's favour right now. Remember, we're only one fight in it could still go either way.

I also notice a lack of drama other than from Bisping, it seems that all of the guys are genuinely getting along and that they are there to fight and train rather than dick about.

2. GrappleorWrestle

GrappleorWrestle Valued Member

Tonight should be a decent episode. 2 elimination fights tonight. Hopefully Hendo can get his team into shape and win one for US.

3. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

4. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Where was Bisping then for Dean's fight ? I'm watching them as they appear on Virgin, so no spoilers please fellas :D

6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

No idea yet. But he said it was inexcusable so the only thing I can think of is he got wasted or nicked or something but thats not like Bisping.

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

It's going to have to be a) either a good excuse or b) staged for some drama. Either way,really wasn't on for Dean. Whether he was fighting the US team's strongest guy or not. Saying that though, Dean had 2 pretty excellent corner guys in the form of Dave and Mario from Wolfslair!

8. Southpaw535

I dunno, I admit the editing is waaay in our favour but would they outright make stuff up like that?

9. GrappleorWrestle

I know how people feel about Matt Hughes, but he said they do quite a bit of editing to make the drama happen. He said a few of his comments were made at different times and they just edited them and put them where they wanted.

So I can see them editing in one side's favor, but making Bisping miss a fight? I do not think they would go that low......(emphasis on the ...)

10. Southpaw535

On top of that I can't see Bisping agreeing to it. Granted it could be another case of editing (doubt it) but he seems a decent bloke and I can't see him agreeing to miss one of his guys fighting. Unless he was there and they said he weren't?

11. GrappleorWrestle

I don't see him doing that. He has made the effort to bind his group into a cohesive team and he would not put that in jeopardy.

I guess tomorrow night we will hear/see Bisping's reason.

12. Southpaw535

Some Spoliers!!

Well I was expecting a more dramatic reason for Bisping to miss the fight. Anyway here's my opinion: First fight was just embarrasing, second was good fun to watch though. But does anyone else find it wierd that the american team put the bet on for 100 a tooth but its their boy who got them kneed out? One heck of a coincidence...
    Oh and a question on UFC rules: In the second fight when they were in north-south briefly would it have been legal to knee the guy in the head?

13. mafoota

mafoota Skidoosh

The first fight was grim for the UK, taken to pieces on the ground and he could have got the choke a little earlier too.

The second fight was good (for the UK). The Brit showed some game in the stand up and on the floor, it'll be interesting to see his next fight.

I can see Bisping's point about the fighter not being ready to fight on the bell but c'mon, who wants to see a fight end like that?

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  14. Raven001

Raven001 New Member

No you cant knee to the head to a downed opponent in UFC. man I wish they had pride rules

15. Southpaw535

16. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

However an Randy trick was to go N/S position then knee the shoulders. Theres the risk of hitting head, but at least you get the shot in.

17. Southpaw535

Well I missed last nights show and I'm really struggling to find a replay on the internet. Did I miss anything good?

18. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Bisping in his pants :D

19. Southpaw535

20. Southpaw535

Two chocolate digestives lou!