TUF 9

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Axelator, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

Anyone else watch this yet? The U.K. team is looking pretty good. Although it is essentially an English team since it seems there's no Scotts Welsh or Irish on it. I think we might be in with a chance to win the whole thing.

The first episode is bellow without ads. If you want to watch it on T.V. it's on Virigin on sundays at 11 in the U.K.

TUF 9 Episode 1

I'll keep posting the episodes the day after they're aired in the U.S. for us U.K. guys. I don't know if the vids will be taken down though so best watch them quickly.

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I already got my Tapout Ultimate Fighter Team UK tee shirt :p

3. GrappleorWrestle

GrappleorWrestle Valued Member

See the preview for next week's episode? After I saw that preview one word came to mind, "Ugh." Seems the US fighters are not in or already out of shape. Must be the fast food. Hopefully there were not that many fighters over their weight.

4. Axelator

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

either this is a propaganda thing or the UFC really want more brits fighting

6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

There's the other thread somewhere about this where I listed the amount of Brits already in the ufc: Bisping, Hardy, Hathaway, Kelly and there will be more soon I imagine. UFC and mma has a relatively big following over here so it makes sense for Dana White to be focussing some time and energy over here.

7. Southpaw535

It's be nice if we actually had to try though

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Have to try what?

9. Axelator

10. Southpaw535

try to win. The yanks look like they could put up a fight but, it could be editing, it doesn't look like it'll be a really hard fight.

11. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

I'm starting to think that most of the unsigned talent in the US who's worth a crap had probably already been through the UFC by TUF season 6. It's like that line from "Hot Shots Part Deux"-

"You're the best of what's left".

12. GrappleorWrestle

GrappleorWrestle Valued Member

Let's hope Hendo can do something with the US fighters....I really do not feel like having my eyes closed every fight due to the massacre happening on the screen.

13. Journeyman

Journeyman Valued Member

Yep, I was much more impressed with the Brits than with the U.S. participants. I think Hendo has his work cut out for him.

14. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

It beats Fighting Hurts anyway- low budget UK version of it! :D

15. Southpaw535

Most of the UK versions of mma are cheap. Cage rage was the most boring hour of my life

16. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lol! It's a shame as once upon a time they had quality fights- in fact it wasn't that long ago that Imanari and Jean Silva fought for Cage Rage plus other big names. There are some excellent yet smaller promotions around such as Cage Gladiators plus of course the up and coming BFC.
    It says a lot that UFC are coming over to have shows in the UK, I think mma over here is on the up and the UK involvement in TUF, even against a weaker US side can only be a good thing.

17. Southpaw535

Considering how long mma has been popular over here I'm well impressed with the level we have. A cuple dudes at my gym have fought at cage rage though so I guess I can't slate i too much

18. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Exactly, it's not a new thing at all and there has been a lot of hard work done to get it to the level where there are serious contenders for the UFC from this country. The fact that Wolfslair was used for the training camp was very cool too! Can't wait to see more of this series! Plus it's amusing just hearing so many of my fellow northerners on there :D

19. Southpaw535

I'm suprised there was anything left in the gym the amount of Scousers they had :p But no I agree that the guys have put a huge effort into their training, I don't doubt they'll win and it'll be a brit v brit final I reckon

20. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Not sure both finals will be brit v brit as there are 2 weight cats competing.