Tuf 6

Discussion in 'MMA' started by doc97, Sep 24, 2007.

1. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

Thought I would go ahead and start the thread on the new season. First episode was ok, after getting past the beep after every other word out of Matt Serra's mouth. Is it my imagination, or does it seem that Serra is being made out like Hughes was in TUF 2? It's early though. Looks like some good fighters, I really felt for the guy (I forgot his name) who broke his arm in the initial evaluation. That MRI looked really nasty, but I really admire his tenacity and desire. Let me know what you think throughout the season.

2. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Roman was hilarious when he was talking to the doctor, made me like the guy and wish he would be allowed to stay.

I like Serra but he is getting annoying, he just never stops talking trash

Mac Danzig is a beast and he dominated that first fight against Serra's prize pupil "Scarola".

It seems like Scarola is a bit mentally "weak" and he just gave in to that triangle

3. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

Yeah, that triangle didn't look like he had it in too deep and with only 10 seconds left in the round, I think he kind of "whimped out" I also thought it was entertaining that Serra was complaining of Hughes talking trash and being a bulley, calling him names (male body parts to be specific), but he is doing the same thing! To be honest, I am not that impressed with Serra. He is not showing a lot of class with being a champ, and I have a feeling Matt Hughes will have his arm raised when those two meet at the end of the season.

Roman was awesome, I really feel bad for him, if everybody on TUF has his determination than we are in for a good season. That is unless somebodies girlfriend of two months calls and accuses them of cheating!! :p

4. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

Enjoyed the second fight quite a bit, Matty did a really nice job avoiding the clinch and taking done Dorian. I thought the ref was going to call it by TKO, but he did a nice rear naked choke to end the match.

Serra is cracking me up as a coach. He's starting to wear on me (in a good way). Not sure about Hughes having his guys read the bible, I mean I'm a christian and make no bones about it, but it just seems out of place it a reality fight TV show. I have read where Hughes is very devote. What do you guys think?

Overall enjoying this season!

5. TKDjoe

TKDjoe Valued Member

Yeah, do unto others as you would have them do unto you, Now let's go bash somebodies face in!

6. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

I still prefer the old Laveyan version, "Do unto others as they do unto you".

Continue commencing with the bashing of the faces.

7. bonita

bonita Valued Member

what's up with the nicer version of hughes.... (bible and all) usually he's the bad guy and serra is the nice one yep not quite in the belief of reality tv

8. Boondoc_Saint

Boondoc_Saint Valued Member

Hughes is the queen whats up with that? Whats Joey's problem he acts like he's got no heart. That other the guy who beat him he's pretty cool though trying to get him to stay and all.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  9. mkiv

mkiv Valued Member

lots of talent on this season. I cant help feeling that this show especially this season is hurting the sport more than it is helping promote it. all this violence out side of the ring is really putting a bad image on what people have worked so hard on trying to improve.

10. Storms of War

Storms of War Valued Member

Wow, you guys are much more civil than most other boards. When the name "Joe Scarola" is brought up on most other boards, it's followed by foul language and name calling. I've trained with him twice and he's a really nice, really humble guy. He could have bullied me with chokes and what not, but he gave me enough time to tap, didn't really lock anything on hard to the point that I was in excruciating pain, never showed any form of ego, nothing. He's a really nice guy.

11. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

Unfortunately nice doesn't make it in the UFC. I think he had a lot to offer to his team. I really feel bad for Serra, I mean Joe was best man at his wedding, so this is going to put a major block between a close friendship. Do you think it was just the pressure getting to him, or did he just not want to be a professional fighter?

He will probably get an instructor job somewhere, but no matter where he goes, it will always be " hey, your the guy who quit the ultimate fighter!" Plus, Dana White seems like the kind of guy to really hold a grudge, so he will probably never get an oppurtunity to fight in the UFC again. Maybe some of the other companies will pick him up, but he had a big black mark after his name now. I hope he finds whatever he is looking for.

Back to the fight, to me that was so far the most disapointing fight yet. Hughes looked ****ed afterwards. Miles gave up his neck really quick, and he really had no offense.

Next week looks interesting with Dorian blowing a gasket!!

12. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

Well, I have been tardy with watching the show, too late for an old guy like me. So last night I got caught up. Interesting. What do you all think of Hughes being down 6 to 1. I would not have guessed that with the series premiere. I am starting to actually like Serra, it cracks me up to here him screaming in the corner during the fights. I have to agree with Hughes, when his guys hit the cage, it just doesn't seem like their mind is in it. The one fight that went to decision, I thought was pretty close, but man Hughes came down on him. I do agree that a lot of the times they are not listening to him and go off there game plan.

Mac is kinda getting on my nerves, when he was cutting down Bowman stating he isn't a fighter, and no experience. But when Barrera lost, he was all sympathetic and saying it was because of his lack of experience. I don't think Hughes should have called him out in front of everybody. He should of pulled him aside and got his side, and then make a decision. Mac is a good fighter and appears to be a stand up guy. Bowman didn't get there by accident, they must have seen something in this guy to get on the show? So instead of being a jerk, be a mentor.

I still am picking Mac to win it all, but George really impressed me. Let me know what you think.

13. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

I think I like George to take it all as well, the guy strikes me as being more serious and professional than the rest. He has some previous experience under his belt, and just proved he's a serious fighter. I think that guy is in this for the long term and went in with that mentality.

I had to laugh when his team mates ****ed and moaned about him not waking them up when he gets up early to do extra training. What is he their mother? If you're serious about the fight game, wake you own sorry butt up and get out there. If nothing else I think that exemplifies the difference between his level of maturity and professionalism and the rest of theirs.

14. Einstein Mcfly

Einstein Mcfly New Member

That last episode was one of the worst I'd ever seen. After all that build up about those two being top guys the fight was totally boring. They didn't even have any hilarious meat head antics that usually make it fun(ny) to watch. Lets hope somebody gets drunk and starts hitting themselves in the head while laughing hysterically this week, just in case the fight sucks. Again.

15. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

Here comes a spoiler!
    [EXPAND="Spoilers"]Dansig faces Tommy in the final, and takes it with his skill easily by putting tommy on his back. Than Tommy decides to give up the back, and Dansig takes for the RNC.

HOPE YOU LIKE IT.[/EXPAND]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007
  16. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I love it when people don't read stickies :rolleyes: Spoilers
    I didn't bother watching most of this season. The format's stale and most of the fighters weren't of an especially high calibre; the finale was pretty cool though - the main event is a serious candidate for fight of the year

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  17. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

I agree Sever. They're just doing the same thing with this really bad man drama. I noticed that I have always just fast forwarded to the fights. They most of the time are bad to.

Alright, I will do the spoiler tag next time and thank you. :D :cool:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  18. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

dude that fight was awesome. it should have been expected. put two guys who are known to go all out & leave nothing in the tank, get them in the cage, and you have one hell of a fight. i also agree that it should be a candidate for fight of the year.

19. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

That finale was way better than the last pay-per-view UFC fight ;)

20. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

Overall, the outcome was pretty much what I expected. Too bad Serra is out with a bad back, I was really looking forward to his match with Hughes. So it will be GSP instead, overall (IMHO) a better fight. I have to give that one to GSP, were as I would have picked Hughes over Serra. If GSP wins, that should give him #1 contender status, don't you think? And I don't see Serra beating GSP twice.