Trying to understand Sun Style

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Xue Sheng, May 13, 2020.

1. windwalker

windwalker Member

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  2. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

NOTE: This is part of some strange double post thing. The post after this is the edited version that for some reason created a second post

@YouKnowWho, @windwalker, @Flying Crane

Yang Jwing Ming, I have trained with, but it was Taijiquan Push hands and a little Qinna, His main school is now in California, but it use to be in Boston and that is where i trained with him. He still has multiple schools in Massachusetts, I trained some Xingyiquan at his old main Boston school shortly after his son moved to California to teach with his father, who had also recently moved to California, Dr Yang still does teach in Massachusetts about once a year. Long Fist, White Crane, Yang Taijiquan, Qigong and Qinna.

And I mean no offense to anyone with this, I find discussions about White Crane rather interesting, seriously considered studying it with Yang Jwing Ming once, but the one thing Yang Jwing Ming does not teach is Sun Taijiquan, and a style Sun Lutang never studied was White Crane. I am trying to figure out Sun style here, not white crane.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Flying Crane likes this.
  3. Xue Sheng

@YouKnowWho, @windwalker, @Flying Crane

Yang Jwing Ming, I have trained with, but it was Taijiquan Push hands and a little Qinna, His main school is now in California, but it use to be in Boston (he was there for many years) and that is where i trained with him. He still has multiple schools in Massachusetts, I trained some Xingyiquan at his old main Boston school shortly before his son moved to California to teach with his father, who had also recently moved to California, Dr Yang still does teach in Massachusetts about once a year. Long Fist, White Crane, Yang Taijiquan, Qigong and Qinna.

And I mean no offense to anyone with this, I find discussions about White Crane rather interesting, seriously considered studying it with Yang Jwing Ming once, but the one thing Yang Jwing Ming does not teach is Sun Taijiquan, and a style Sun Lutang never studied was White Crane. I am trying to figure out Sun style here, not white crane.

Note: My Yang Shifu's wife went to college with Yang Jwing Ming

4. windwalker

windwalker Member

none taken, a good thread about Taiji not white crane.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  5. Xue Sheng

and my apologies for a weird double post thing, I edited the first and it made a second. I suspect it is my internet connection