Try this workout...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Noib Da Mutt, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt Banned Banned

ok, just want to give you guys looking for some more leg strength/speed/flexibility a little workout to try, something that I came up with myself...

ok, you'll need a street or path of some sort that is approximately 2 to 3 miles in length, some good sneakers, and a good attitude towards effort...

start out by lightly jogging a warmup for approximately half a mile... stop and stretch out your hammies, quads, gluts, and back, then stretch your calves, make sure to get real loose now that your body is warm... Now start running!! Jog as fast as you can sustain for about a mile in a half, and sprint the last 100 to 200 meters... find a straight away of some sort to stop at and do deep lunges for approximately 50 to 100 meters, without stopping, you really want to feel the burn... When you're done, stretch out your quads and your inside thighs, do some more hammi stetches and work yourself into a split... then walk as fast as you can for about a quarter mile... bear in mind, your legs will be sore... now jog for about another mile and stop... turn back and walk for another quarter mile to recover... MAKE SURE TO DRINK WATER!! jog for about 2 miles at a good pace incorporating 3 to 4 50 to 100 meter sprints, DO NOT STOP TO WALK! It is important that you keep yourself at a high energy pace, slowing from the sprint into a jog just long enough to recover and do another sprint... once you get done with that, stop... walk for about 100 to 200 meters to recover your breath and get the feeling back in your legs... Now for the finale... spread your legs double shoulders-width apart and sit down as if in a horse stance... now, launch yourself up into the air as high as possible crossing your legs in the air and return them back to the exact same position as you land... You should feel tired after 2 or 3, but try to do 6 to 10... And do them as fast and as high as possible, try not to pause in between jumps... One you've completed this, stretch... now walk or jog back home... You're done...

Try it and let me know what you think!!

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Crikey!

I'd spend more time trying to remember where I was up to in the workout than actually doing it!

Things don't have to be that complicated ya know :rolleyes:

3. Noib Da Mutt

I promise you it's worth it to try out... it's an all-around great workout for your legs...

4. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

It's pretty hard- on the other hand it has cardio before muscular endurance and it's very complicated. I'd be tempted to take the squat jumps over to my muscular endurance session, and separate the sprints and the l.s.d training (and do more of both on the different sessions).

5. Grey Area

Grey Area New Member

It sounds like hard work, but what's it trying to achieve? It looks like you've just taken a whole bunch of difficult elements and incorporated them!

6. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Sounds about right.

7. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Man, cardio's cool but that's over kill in my opinion. If you want a good workout for your legs just go squat your ass off.

8. Noib Da Mutt

it'll improve overall endurance, strength, flexibility, and leg speed, at least it's done it for me...

9. Knight_Errant

I tend towards routines where I exercise the whole body in different ways (strenght, muscular endurance, aerobic) rather than forcing lots of different exercise types into one in order to focus on one area of the body (e.g. legs). But hey, you don't have to listen to me...

10. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

But we like listening to you! You have a lovely voice.... :p

EDIT:
    Nails on a chalk board never sounded so good!

11. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Not in public thanks....

12. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

And what do we say to the police when they pull up at the roadside next to us?

"Please office, I wanna be a ballerina!" :rolleyes:

13. Knight_Errant

You have a constitutionally protected right to do squat jumps in public.

14. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Hmm, I'll remember that...

15. Noib Da Mutt

hmmm...

16. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

Sounds interesting, althought I think its going to be a lot harder on my head trying to remember all that than any stress it will put on my legs/cardio.

17. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

You say "About time, now when's the indian, construction worker and the salior gonna show up?"

:)

18. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Bwaaaaaaaaaahahhahahhaaaaaaaa.... :D

19. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

It's fun to be in the Y M C A! It's fun to be in the .......... :D

20. Knight_Errant

I have to hand it to you, Kgirl. That made me laugh out loud :D