True Meaning of Karate?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by NotaMA, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Well, I hope you stick around here as you learn, NotaMA. It's always interesting to see how people's opinions develop as they train and develop their own expertise.

2. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

Good luck in the new year!

As there seems two be two schools of though, I'd like to pose a question.

If you went to a dojo that didn't do kata, would you continue to train there?

( how do you make a poll?)

3. NotaMA

NotaMA Valued Member

I've followed lots of workout and training instructions from Bruce Lee's fighting method and have put lots of time into working out, just so I'mm preform better in Karate.

Of course I'll like taking Karate lessons, it's something I've put lots of thought into.

Teaching on the other hand, I like passing on knowledge, but if the person on the other end of this info isn't paying attention, it does make you feel like you're talking to a rock.

Thank you Moosey. As soon as I start taking lessons I'll let you all know. This is something that will be a major thing in my life I can already tell, and I'm honored to have such experienced and helpful people here to talk to and help me out.

Thank you.

As for your question, I would firstly inquire as to why they don't do Kata, and after I've recieved a logical reason I'd continue to train there. Just because someone holds different views doesn't mean I can't learn from them. Just like you all.

But thankfully the Dojo of my choice practices Kata, and IIRC they teach you how to use the Bo.

January can't come fast enough, but right now I'm just worried about Christmas. Lol./