Triceps

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Dactylus, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Dactylus

Dactylus Valued Member

Hey guys. I'm 17 (though pretty small and child-faced for my age) and relatively physically fit for my age. I am pretty skinny though. The one thing that irks me is, while my biceps aren't a problem, if I don't flex my triceps kind of jiggle. A lot. I find this weird because I'm pretty skinny, but I guess I just need to work them out more.

Any good triceps excersises you guys can recommend? I have 10 and 15 pound dumbbells as well. :)

2. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

over head extensions,kickbacks,DB skull crushers, hands togehter pushups

3. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

If you have access to a gym just like G says. You can also do some pull downs using the double rope accessory, then to refine it, go to a single rope. Also you can do simple tricep dips off a flat bench.

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Dips, dips, and well . . . . dips! Get to the point where you can strap weight to yourself while doing dips and you'll have some solid tris in no time man. Close hand (or "diamond") pushups (instead of having your hands shoulder width apart have your hands touching) will work them good too. If you don't have a place where you can do real dips use a chair.

5. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Monkey_Magic likes this.
  6. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Try knuckle press ups keeping your elbows tucked in, instead of going out to the side. Isolates the triceps

7. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

LOL! :D

Dactylus, I have reasonably good triceps (I can comfortably dip 50kg + 89kg B/W for 3 reps), but mine flop like big floppy bingo wings when they're relaxed too. It's perfectly normal. :)

8. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Dips. All you need really.

But you could throw in press-ups etc.

9. Taliesin

Taliesin Valued Member

It's not the answer that you're looking for, but if you're "pretty skinny" you don't need to be focussing on your triceps.

Work on a full body program - once you start to see your whole body grow, you'll no longer be interested in your triceps.

Monkey_Magic likes this.
  10. Dactylus

Dactylus Valued Member

Thanks everyone! And Tal, yeah, I'm skinny, but I've got some moderate muscle pretty much everywhere from kung fu conditioning. Thanks though, I certainly will! I'll be working weights in the summer (already guaranteed) and might join a gym before then, too.

Can you guys give me a more accurate description of dips? What I've done so far is put my hands on a chair behind me as close to my body as they can be, fingers gripping the end of the chair that my legs are facing, and lower myself down to just above floor contact then fully extend up. The problem is, while I feel some work on my triceps, it feels like the muscles on my back just below the shoulder blades are getting worked MUCH more.

11. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

12. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Ok, I noticed that this was under the bodyweight training section so lets cover that. Here are some exercises that will exercise your triceps in no time;

Dips (You can do these at the local playground :love: ) http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ridgely8.htm

Diamond push ups

With your weights you can do;

Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extension

Dumbbell Kickback

There you go, four exercises right there. ;)

I would recommend 3 sets of 10. For the body weight exercises If they are to easy just add more reps on and do them slower.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  13. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I recommend floor presses.

14. Taliesin

Taliesin Valued Member

15. JohnDean

JohnDean New Member

I have given each and every detail that you must be required to the tricep muscle:

Link deleted

Please contact a member of the Admin Team if you'd like to advertise your site on MAP.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2018