training

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by roblen, Jan 12, 2014.

1. roblen

roblen Valued Member

hi all.

im moving house soon and heading towards either St Albans or Welwyn Garden City.

im looking for FMA in the area. any clubs or instructors to recommend?

I have to check out john Harvey in luton but wanted to know if there is anyone else?

cheers in advance

2. roblen

roblen Valued Member

uh oh

no responses. am I asking the impossible?

3. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

I would most definitely get in touch with Pat Omalley.. He runs the rapid arnis group in the UK and should be able to help you out and might even have a school affiliate in the area where you are going

4. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

There is Silats Glenn Lobo in Luton he teaches lightning scientific Arnis. There are Rapid Arnis clubs in Chingford Essex. Nw London and Cambridge. There is Lightning and Escrima concepts in Peterborough. There is Darren Davies of CSSD IN Slough and Tom Pena of lightning in Stevenage. Contact www.bckeai.co.uk and they can give you an even more comprehensive list.

6. roblen

roblen Valued Member

cheers pat

where is rapid in NW London?

spoke to Darren before but Hertfordshire to slough is a horrible journey.

7. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

I'm sure Janno will be along soon and he can give you full details.

8. keith.w

keith.w Valued Member

9. Janno

Janno Valued Member

I teach a regular class over at Kings Cross (details are up on www.london-arnis.co.uk). I also teach private sessions down in Kensington/Chelsea.

I'm currently away on a teaching contract at the moment, but will be back in Feb. In the meantime, we have some excellent Rapid Arnis instructors taking the helm in the form of Louis Beale, Carl Rein and Niamh Conolly (profiles can be viewed on website).

Feel free to get in touch if you require more information.