Training x 2 Martial Arts, 4 days a week = crazy idea?

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Dkel, Feb 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dkel

Dkel New Member

Hello!

So long story short, at 15/16 I achieved 1st Dan in Shotokan Karate, I stopped shortly after... I turned 30 and moved to a new area of the UK (London to Medway) and it turns out there's lots of local Martial Art classes, I've done very little fitness over the last 10 years, so I've decided to change that.

I attended a Kickboxing Class (with grading system), it was much more intense than what I remembered from my childhood Karate days but I loved it! so I've decided to sign up, they offer 4 classes a week (Mon, Tues, Weds & Thurs).

One Martial Art style which seems to difficult to find in my area & in London, is Shotokan Karate, however I found a small local class, which made me happy and they offer classes twice a week, Im attending a trial class too.

So Im looking for some advice, is it a wild idea to try and take on 2 Martial Art classes and train 4 times a week (some weeks it may be 2 or 3)? but I'd live to give each enough attention, also what can I do to help my body recover, good sleep and diet ofcourse, but is there anything else?

Thanks! and hope this post does not seem too silly!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod Note: Welcome to MAP DKEL. We do ask that you only post a thread one time on this forum. (You can see our TOS by clicking on the "terms and rules" button on the bottom right hand corner of every page.) I am going to close this thread, but leave the other one on this topic open. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.