Training with a towel

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Yodo, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Yodo,

You've compared yourself with Morihei Ueshiba. Here's what Ueshiba has, that you may or may not have:

1) A traceable lineage to recognized styles and instructors
    2) Footage of actual application of his theories (against another human being and not linens)
    3) Decades of experience prior to being recognized in the way you seem to be demanding recognition

If you have those things, let's hear about it. But if all you've got is what you've shown us so far, I'm afraid your knowledge grenade was a dud.

2. Yodo

Yodo Banned Banned

I find it a step to forward, if you are laughing. It is more better, than the stoneform of the teachings in nowadays.

Here is a teaching to you again: the green stuff keeps us alive and the stone, you want to be is dead.

You must understand, I have nothing against you but since you have attacked me: I feel responsibility to teach you with this internet.

You must understand, that the teaching you are adapted is not the same, where are the origins of martial arts.

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/notes/henr...c-air-bonsai-ecosystem-boneco/545241222230685

3. Yodo

Yodo Banned Banned

Challenge accepted. I will make a video now about them and post soon.

4. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

It's funny, Ueshiba tried to invent the art of fighting without fighting and, similarly, you've invented the art of talking without doing.

5. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

You're not being attacked. You're being told the straight cold truth. There is a massive difference. Believe me when I say that if I was attacking you then I would be banned by now because I do not pull punches.

You're talking to a forum full of people with years of experience in many different martial art styles. Chinese, Japanese, American, Korean, Thai, Filipino, the list can go on. With many years spent discussing facts and debunking myths over a huge variety of styles.

The members on this forum don't always see eye to eye on every single discussion here. There's even be a few good arguments because of that very reason. Everyone has their own beliefs to a degree. However when the entire forum pulls together and agrees that someone is talking rubbish then, my Finnish friend, that person is generally talking rubbish.

When the truth hurts it is normal for someone to stand defiant and scream against the words that sting. I think we can all say we've been there at some point or another throughout our experiences. Sooner or later in your life you will come to the point where you realise we aren't quite so crazy after all. I just hope it isn't when you are lying in a hospital after trying to take on an armed robber with a towel.

Wake up!

6. Yodo

Yodo Banned Banned

When did you started to think, that you know "the truth"?

7. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Season 4, episode 8 of the X-files, entitled "Tunguska."

8. Yodo

Yodo Banned Banned

First video: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enqgLzl1GFs"]Step training in martial arts - YouTube[/ame]

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

A video about what? You could actually just type your lineage and your decades of experience right here into MAP. And we could read them.

You talk about things being alive and green and full of energy. But your training method is literally a wet inanimate object. Anyone can enforce their will on a towel. The towel isn't acting upon you. It can't. So you aren't learning to yield to its intent. It doesn't have any. So it's a very poor simulation of learning to deal with the energy and intent of a person.

10. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You wouldn't pass first grade with me

Get to a real class and do some real training - your 15 mins are up and now you are just irritating

12. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

You're right. We're so heavily closed off from reality that we just can't accept your truth. Obviously.

You know who might be able to accept your truth and show you the value of your efforts?

The guys at Bullshido.

13. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

You've titled this video: DONT HURT YOUR EYES WITH THIS
    Man, I'm almost speechless, you have taken irony to the point of pure genius.

I don't think I'll ever erase the violence committed to my poor eyes, ever! :D

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  14. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

15. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

There is NOTHING in that video that represents any sort of real footwork or stance in a legitimate martial art.

So much wrong, I don't even know where to begin. Any beginning MAist would have you on the ground in no time with those "stances/ footwork" as your stances are so unstable you are extremely wobbly throughout the video. Plus, you are setting yourself up for injury with the improper placement you are showing.Your foot positions are wrong, your leg positions are wrong, sorry man, EVERYTHING is wrong in that.

You really need to find a legitimate teacher and train, not play around. You certainly are in no position to put out video's to teach. I would start of with a teacher that teaches you proper stances- I would start with a proper cross step. Front foot 90 degrees from the back and completely on the ground, back foot on ball of foot.back knee touching the front calf in a particular place for stability, which means it is further back, etc. etc.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  16. Hannibal

When did you start to think posting when ballooned off your **** was a good idea?

17. Hannibal

18. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

locking it up, pending mod discussion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.