training seminar

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by shortstick, May 16, 2003.

1. shortstick

shortstick New Member

For some reason there are hardly ever any good seminars in the San Francisco Bay area, and never any related to eskrima. But in June ther will be a 2 day "camp"
    "Modern Arnis Y Senkotiros" With Professor Max Pallen and Dr. Remy Presas jr. I have not found out the cost yet, but I am thinking of going as I have not had any new skills added to my Eskrima training for some time. I mostly practice Sarrada Eskrima, so I know this would be different. But as I said, I would really like to gain some new knowledge, and get a close up comparison of styles. If you guys have heard any comments or have 1st hand training with them, I would like to know.
    Then I can decide if its worth the $$$

Thanks.

2. shortstick

shortstick New Member

Okaaay?? I guess this means nobody has much to say on my question..............or that nobody cares!:eek:

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Sorry Shortstick - I have no experience with the people you mentioned in your post.

There's only one way to find out - go train with them. if you don't you'll never know.

4. Airyu

Airyu Valued Member

Hello ShortStick,

I recently met Professor Pallen, here in New Hampshire. He was very nice, and clearly very skilled. I didn't have the opportunity to train with him, but I do know that he fought several times at one of the last DogBrothers Gatherings, this at 60yrs old! Takes alot of guts.
    My advice is to take the opportunity to train with him, too many great people pass away before we get to meet and train with them. So just do it!

Gumagalang
    Guro Steve L.

5. shortstick

shortstick New Member

Well now it turns out it's been put off due to a "Schedule conflict"
    :mad: ........figures.

Thanks anyway guys.

6. LAKANPOPOT

LAKANPOPOT New Member

Hey there's one in San JOse posted in one of the other Forums. It's by guro Floro (forgot the last name). Topic Kalis Illustrisimo it's on Sept 20-21st if not mistaken. email this guy mike at mjen@pacbell.net. He'll give you the info.

If you still got the time,I know it might be too late for you. This weekend Guro Dan Inosanto will be here in Stockton hosted by the Bahala Na groups GM Tony Somera. Aug 20-21 10-4. $60 al the door per day. It'll be at the In Shape city on Hammer lane. Hey if you go look me up I'll definitely be there. Sorry,I did not give this info sooner. I haven't been on the net for a while. Hope this helps. take care.