Training partner required South London UK

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Shard, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Shard

Shard New Member

Hi Folks,

This is my first post and I am a newbie to the forum so please be gentle as I can't spell for toffee, unless we are training then come at me like you mean it!
    I have started training in Escrima and poor old Bob might be great for smacking with a rattan stick but he has no arms to hit back with.
    I live in South London in the United Kingdom and I am stuck for a training partner. I have a 1st Dan in Wado Ryu and also study Krav Maga and have been practising martial arts for twenty years.
    I was hoping to find someone on here who is in my area. I am studying under Guro Krishna Godhania and have been travelling up to learn from him but there is only so much I can practise on my own.
    So I am turning to you guys for the hope of some help. Let me know if you or anyone you may know who would be interested.

Hope to hear from you guys and girls.

Shard.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Shard, welcome to MAP.

I've also done some training under Krishna. He's a very skilled practitioner, so stick with it.

I teach in Maidstone, Kent early on Sunday mornings of you can travel that far.

Good luck finding a training partner in your area.

3. mark linu

mark linu Valued Member

I am also a newbie in this Forum and I wish you can get the good partner. I am From Bangladesh, for this reason, I will not be able too help you in this matter.

4. Janno

Janno Valued Member

Hi Shard,

If you're able to make it to Vauxhall, i'll soon be teaching a Rapid Arnis class there on Wednesday evenings. Might be a good place to introduce yourself and look for keen individuals to train with. Bear in mind that the class will be mostly newbies though!

5. Shard

Shard New Member

Cool beans! Keep me posted. I am trying to get a hall to hire myself so I can start looking for like minded people and I'll teach somewhere between Krav and Karate whilst I learn the Kali. Not sure what I will use as an acronym hahahhaha but it won't be KKK thats for sure. I don't want to call it MMA but don't want to stick to just one style. I will probably stick to FMA once I feel I am proficient enough to walk the walk and talk the talk. For now I am definately a capable Karateka and my Krav is improving along with my Escrima.

6. Janno

Janno Valued Member

Turns out i start this Wednesday 6pm-7.30pm @ Urban Warriors Academy :)

If you're able to make it, come down and say hello.

7. Shard

Shard New Member

Great I'll see if I can juggle work around so I can get there.

8. am1t0

am1t0 New Member

Hi Shard

I teach Kali in Harrow, NW London every Weds evening. If you can travel that way of an evening let me know.