Training Notes: diagrams

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by David, Nov 21, 2005.

1. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

I've always wanted to be able to draw my kungfu etc with diagrams rather than having to write it down in a dense text format. Every time I try, the picture comes out utterly rubbish, whether it's stick-men or attempts at more realistic impressions.

Who here successfully uses pictoral representations of their stuff? Can you post up an example? Can I expect to do this without a degree in fine art?

Rgds,
    David

2. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Take a series of photos?

3. David

I can't conveniently take photos of myself. Besides, there's a lot of work involved in collating them.

4. scaythe

scaythe Valued Member

Stickmen work fine for me, with a bit of tinkering so that right and left hands/feet are marked with X and O respectively, and usually a doodle from front, side and top. That or something that looks quite nice that I'm considering for something online sometime is one of those little posable wooden artists mannequins and basically using webcam/digital camera to get a shot of it at in the necessary positions.

5. David

Cool with the X and O. Earlier today I was thinking maybe doing red and green for left and right like on boats (port and starboard) but notes are nerdy enough without using 3 pens :D.

I couldn't get the contortions I wanted with the artists mannequin and 3D modelling software and Poser too much effort.

I'll have a go with the X and O...

Rgds,
    David