Training Music

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Keysi_chick, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Keysi_chick

Keysi_chick New Member

Anyone got any names of any good tunes to train to???
    looking for some upbeat tunes to train to
    :D

2. tiptoe

tiptoe New Member

download some techno mixes or hard trance mixes these are what i like to listen to and they get me really pumped to train. the gym i train at plays funky house which doesn't do it for me. PM me if you want a couple of cd's sending these will get you pumped like nothing else

3. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Try prodigy, they usually do the trick, and also check out stuff like crystal method - blade techno opener, thats read good, but as the other dude said, techno usually does the trick unless you want angry music, then its all about heavy metal:D

4. tiptoe

tiptoe New Member

yeah heavy metal can do the trick too eh

5. Giver

Giver New Member

Depends on what kind of training you're doing, I suppose.

If you're doing something heavier or slower, you want a semifast-paced beat to keep your adreneline going, and something with heavy bass I suppose. Maybe Nickelback, Hoobastank, something like that.

If you're doing something faster and lighter, then you'll want something same. Maybe hard techno or classical rock with a lighter bass. Um...can't think of one off the top of my head, but something like that.

Classical music also works, but you have to find something very fast paced and orchestral.

6. Sever

Sever Valued Member

My training music generally revolves around pretty hard metal and dark industrial, the more aggressive the better since I take a fair bit of motivating sometimes. My current multi-purpose CD (bagwork, weights, shadowboxing, bodyweight workouts, running etc) is:

Requiem for a Dream theme
    The Pride FC theme
    Stemm: Face the Pain (the UFC theme)
    Dismantled: Armed and Ready
    Pantera: Mouth for War
    Killswitch Engage: Soilborn
    Bloodsimple: Straight Hate
    Velvet Acid Christ: Goth Queen
    Soundgarden: Jesus Christ Pose
    Lexincrypt: Wraith
    Skinny Puppy: Spasmolytic
    Carcass: Heartwork