training in london

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by roblen, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Catman

Catman Valued Member

Hi guys,

From my own experience Master Jay Dobrin(I was his student for couple of years) and Guro Tony Yarwood(I'm currently his private student) are TOP Instructors.You should give them a try.

All the best,

Catman

2. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Yes. Well said Catman. Both are excellent instructors and very decent guys too.

3. roblen

roblen Valued Member

training in london2

hello all

i would like to thank you for all your previous responses and would like to bring you up to date with my progress so far.

i have been along to see john harvey(a decent bloke) and in particular his monthly training sessions. so far i have yet to begin training- a mixture of a minor operation- booked holidays and my anniversary have proved to be a problem. i may have to resort to long favoured preference of private lessons(more for practical/timing/convenience reasons rather than a dislike for group classes)

im still looking to train(i have been training in bjj now privately for 6 months) and trying to keep my jkd/kali up to date. oh and a full time job too by the way.

several mentions were made of de campo eskrima of which i have not heard before. could perhaps someone provide me a link to a website and or some details of the style? and perhaps is there any Balintawak instructors at all.

again thanks for you help in advance

4. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Good to know you are getting along with the old sod, tell him I said he is getting fat. Anyway with regards to De Campo the only instructor in this system who is actually based in the London area is Guro Tony Yarwood, PM me for his details. As for Balintawak the only official instructors are based in the Nottingham Area, Master Alan Jones and Master Richard Cotterall, again PM me for their details or log on to www.bckeai.co.uk all these top class guys are members of the British Council of Kali Eskrima Arnis Instructors.

Best regards

Pat

5. roblen

roblen Valued Member

hi pat

i cant PM as i an below a minimum number of posts(i believe it is 50)

have you a website link perhaps?

6. Pat OMalley

Log on to my web site and my e-mail is there you can I beleive e-mail via MAP too.

Best regards

Pat

7. roblen

roblen Valued Member

hi pat

i have had a chat with tony- he doesnt think that his style would be my cup of tea. there isnt any tapi tapi or live hand and it a long range art

thanks for your help so far chaps

8. Pat OMalley

OK mate, as they say not all styles suit everyone but that is the wonderfull thing about FMA, there is so much to chose from and there is always something for everyone.

Good luck in your continued search and if you need any more help just drop me a line and I will see what I can do.

Best regards

Pat

9. NeilX66

NeilX66 Valued Member

Rob,

We are holding a seminar at the end of the month, email me if you want the details

Neil

10. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Neil,

If the seminar is an open one, you can advertise it in the Events section if you want.