Training ideas for the overwhelmed or discouraged beginner

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by goatnipples2002, Dec 18, 2003.

1. goatnipples2002

goatnipples2002 someone tryin 2 learn

atleast somebody has an open mind. Thanx dave.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2003
  2. passive_warrior

passive_warrior New Member

you doubt a persons a ability to adabt GoatNipples (thats sick by the way) and will probly with the way you describe your fighting methods get your self seriously injured and posibly killed. The best fighting stance is a peacefull solution. But if a ring fighter is forced into a street fight and he sees chains comin, or a bat, or a knife, or even once he sees how your fighting he will analize and adapt. Also the posibility of that primal instinct for survival and if im not gona survive your sure as hell goin with me kickin in.

Also i would say your way of fighting is dishonorable. At least sport fighters (generaly) meet with mutual respect for each other in the ring.

3. morphus

morphus Doobrey

I think GN has some good ideas for his own 'way' - he's offered some advice which should be at the very least acknowledged. BUT i think GN should try training in some different MA's for a couple of reasons. He obviously thinks he's got a decent defence system(fair enough) but surely if he studies an art or three picking up bits here & there, he will build upon what he has & that can only be a plus. He also likes contact of some sort, so MA's are a perfect pastime & he'll meet some real decent people.

GN, expand your knowledge, broarden your base & martial arts are not only for defence there is whole life behind it.

4. goatnipples2002

As I read and go to school now I have opend my mind alot. But the jist of what I say is that you have to unlock the survival "gene". We all have it it's just that some people know how to use it for good or bad and others don'e even understand. Thge will to survive can only be unlocked through situations not training.

5. passive_warrior

and what will you do if an with what if see from your attitude most likly when it happens??? I might be wrong about you but it seems like you look for fights.

6. goatnipples2002

Yes you are wrong. I used to gang bang when I was younger and yes I did look for fights then. Now I kinda expect them, because of the places I go such as the bar and to dance clubs. I like to talk to girls and sometimes drunk idiots try to fight me even though I apologize for approaching their girlfriends. I call that "goat luck". I won't start a fight nor will I back down.

7. passive_warrior

so you don't look for you just go to them. O gee. LOL. Acctualy beleive it or not i kinda like your attitude. It's a verry up front and apparently honnest one. most people here seem to be here just to satarize pepole who just want to learn. At least you made some solid suggestions. It seems alot of people here don't want to.

8. Cain

Cain New Member

Or maybe we don't want to because we don't want the beginners to end up in hospital? ;)

|Cain|

9. bbcb_98

bbcb_98 New Member

Uhhh... you spent 3 years in jail. Doesnt sound like that "I wont back down" part is working too well for you. Real men do back down. While you were in jail I was in college backing down from lots of fights in bars. You know what it got me? A reputation for being a fun guy to party with while in school and a beautiful wife and 2 kids after school.

Being smart and funny is always a better way to go.

10. goatnipples2002

Don't get mad at me because I said I don't back down. I don't and won't. I sure as hell don't start fights either. What does my prison time have to do with backing down and your schooling. I go to school now too, so youngsters don't have to go through the same **** as me. And I'm happy to say I have damn good grades.

Have you ever heard of the saying "A coward dies a million deaths yet a soldier dies one". Since you brought up prison lets talk about that mindset. If you back down from 1 person you back down from the whole prison. You are labeled as a punk or a bitch. Punks get ****ed and bitches get ducked. Either way you get no respect.

I don't know where your from but where I live if you back down once the person you back down to will take that as a weakness and make you back down everytime they see you from that point forward. I don't have kids or a wife, but I do have loved ones and I try to make it home to them safely. That's why I practice MA so I can eliminate any threat so that I may make it home safely. If I did it for exercises I might as well get a tai bo tape. If I feel a threat CV22 to the rescue.:D or CO9/10 and ST9.:D 1 way or many others I'm gonna try my best to eliminate any threat to my physical well being. As long as I'm not the aggressor I can get away with 1st degree assault, says Nebraska law. You need not agree with me but I'll tell you, believe I'm very serious and REAL about my training for survival in this ass backwards world.

You do have a point that there is no need to fight when you can easily walk away. I am smart and funny until you disrespect me. I try to avoid places that I feel are dangerous and people might be shooting, but I sure as hell ain't gonna just sit in the house and be a hermit. S#!t happens. I expect the worst so when it happens I'm already prepared. Like my friend always tells me, "If you're always ready nothing is a surprise and you don't need to get ready". No surprise no shock.:D

NEXT flame!:woo:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2004
  11. bbcb_98

bbcb_98 New Member

You use CV22 wow!
    I always thought R2D2 was the best way to go.

You are right about always being ready on the streets. Be careful though, I can't tell you the number of times I have had to kill a man because I thought he was reaching for his gun instead of his wallet. Poor gits.

"As long as I'm not the aggressor I can get away with 1st degree assault, says Nebraska law. You need not agree with me but I'll tell you, believe I'm very serious and REAL about my training for survival in this ass backwards world."

--hmmm wonder what type of people could make this an ass backwards world??

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2004
  12. goatnipples2002

"As long as I'm not the aggressor I can get away with 1st degree assault, says Nebraska law. You need not agree with me but I'll tell you, believe I'm very serious and REAL about my training for survival in this ass backwards world."

I only meant that if someone where to try and harm me or my loved ones I wouldn't try any non-lethal techniques. I would address the situation with as much force as needed to get away safely yet I would go for the throat instead of the face. Ot the "sweet spot" below the armpit if not the armpit instead of the side of the head. And if I caused serious damage oh well my attacker should have thought about that before they tried to attack me. They don't have acare for you so why have a care for them? It's not an excuse but I am a product of my environment.

When you break bones or cause serious damage that is considered 1st or 2nd degree assault. It's when the threat is diminished and you continue to attack when you're in trouble. You may not agree but get put in a situation like that.....you'll see.

by the way nice sig, love the motto.

13. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I don't wanna have to lock this thread, so can we make it a bit more friendly, and watch the language please folks?

You two are more than welcome to take this to PM :)

14. goatnipples2002

15. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Don't get funny Goatsnipples... its not in your best interests.

Thread back on topic please...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2004