Training for a fight

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by iceman06, Nov 17, 2004.

1. iceman06

iceman06 New Member

I have started training for my first fight in Dec. Its in a cage like the UFC but not as popular. I believe its called shoot fighting but I am not too sure, its my first one so I don't know what to expect.

2. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

Sorry for going off topic , but in the article section you're supposed to write or provide link to an article. You will have better chance on the MMA or the general diction forum.

It's a good idea to say something about your training . (How long have you trained , in what MA.) Also where is this event taking place? How experienced are the fighters participating?

Expect punch trading and grappling. With so little info provided I can't say more than that...

3. Sever

Sever Valued Member

First thing, if I were training for a fight, I'd want to know exactly what the deal was. What rules, what event, what shape, size and material the cage is etc. I'd want to be as informed as possible. As for the rest of your training, I'm sure when a mod moves this to the MMA section, you'll get some solid tips, some of the guys that hang out there have fought successfully in MMA. Good luck :)

4. aaron

aaron Chinese Martial Artist

before UFC had any rules, you could grab or punch a guys balls. You should do that if their isn't any rules in the tournament. After one punch to the balls, the winner is practically decided:p

5. digger2

digger2 New Member

Shoot Fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ouch. ITS GONNA HURT WHAT EVER TRAINING YOU DO, do you work, coz you may need some time off after the fight .......oh and get insurance.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  6. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

^^^
    GRRR!
    *checks digger's bio*
    *dosn't believe age*

7. digger2

digger2 New Member

you dont believe my age, why not! as much as i would like to be 16 again.