Traditional vs. Incorporated Kickboxing

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by NAVSealUS, Mar 28, 2002.

1. NAVSealUS

NAVSealUS New Member

Lately Ive been wondering as i read all your inqueries if i should start one of my own. Then I thought well not that many people on here are into the whole kickboxing thing for the most part. Now im thinking it couldnt hurt to try. First off of those of you out there who actually share my interest with the many types and styles of kickboxing, would you consider it to be better for a beginner to learn kickboxing in its originally taught atmosphere OR do you feel it is best to start incorporating different techniques from the start?

I myself have been mastering the Traditional American Kickboxing style for several years now, and when I look back on it, it seems it wouldve been easier to begin mixing and mingling different styles at the beginning. Now that I have decided to incorporate TAK with TKD, i think I wouldve been much more enthused about the transition. Now it feels like im going back to begin all over again.

I dont know, just a thought?

:woo:
    Navsealus

2. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

NAVsealUS,

could you explain what the difference is between traditional american kickboxing and Muay Thai?

ta