Toughguy Viking Invasion

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Combatant, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

I have diecided I am going to sign myself up for this in january to give me something to aim towards. :eek:

http://www.toughguy.co.uk/tg-whatis.asp

A few guys from my work have done it in the past few years and said it is 'the most awful day of there life' but well worth it. Has anyone here done it? Does anyone here want to do it?????? If so PM me as it would be great to meet some MAPPERS there.

2. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Scuse me but hasnt that already gone?
    Sounds good by the way.

3. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Well, now it's official. Combatant is just slightly crazier than I had expected. ;)

Best of luck, bro. I'd say that looks intense, but that would be like saying that the Great Wall of China is pretty big. I look forward to hearing about your training.

Yohimbe!! :woo:

4. flaming

flaming Valued Member

In the words of the No 1. "Your crazy"

"HaHaHa Bless your soul".

5. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

So you want to be a Viking eh!!! Just remember Viking is a Verb!

Good luck on that and keep us posted as to your training routine. Also let us know how you did after you get slaughtered. :eek:

6. Combatant

Thanks peeps! Bewater and Flaming; I'm not crazy, the voices in my head tell me so. :D

Nordic, you would love this challenge! :eek:

Jamo; I did miss it this year due to commitments, i think there is a summer one but thats all a bit easy in comparison. My mate said that when he was running the one in January- there were people around the course breaking the ice around him while he was crawling and wading through mud, water, horse$___ etc. -Now thats a challenge! :woo: :D

My training is going to be similar to what he was doing. While at work he was running around the fire station and had another firefighter stood with a charged hose waiting for him. His orders were blatt him with the hose as soon as he saw him each time around the station. Water straight from the mains (escpecially in UK) is damn cold even in summer. And with the pressure we deal with I can only imagine its like being hit with a sledgehammer made of ice. He would also do calisthenics while being sprayed by the strong jet. All sounds a bit weird i know, but he said that the fitness is not the worst part of it- its the cold and wet that gets you. So I have got a little while to learn to love it. :eek:

I'll keep you all posted. I may try the above workout sometime soon....not this week though as I have got the sniffles. :eek: :p

7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

"To stand at the stern post and steer a fine longship,
    Then sail back to harbour and hew down some foemen."

From either an Anglo Saxon Ballad or a Saga, can't remember which, and it's part of a longer poem on what it means to "go a viking".

Mitch

8. Athleng Nordic

:D just read my sig folks.

9. Song1

Song1 New Member

Let us know how it goes. that just seems crazy, i couldn't do it, i hate running.

10. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Good luck, bro! :)

I want pictures of you crying. :D

11. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

Take 5 steps back everyone, mr fitness himself thinks hes a toughguy :D

good luck buddy, rather you than me :p

12. Combatant

....would a picture of me broken and whimpering surfice? :eek:

Raisen, you have just given me a great add on for my sig. ;) :D

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  13. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Well Combatant, that quote in your signature looks very familiar.

Well, good luck with your tough guy competition. Hope next stage will then be you joining the SAS. Otherwise, why do it ?

Christian

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  14. sean

sean THOR!

Excellent!!!!!

Looks like some ol' fashioned fun.

The training section is like a gym for lumberjacks.

EDIT: " Advanced Water Torture - The Car Wash

After a really tough beasting session you can be a bit dirty so this discipline is ideal since it kills two birds with one stone, toughens you up and gives you a good clean and wheel wax (Top progam only). Simply lie face up on the bonnet of your car and get the wife to drive you through the local car wash."

Mwhahaha

15. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Training guide....

I like this entry in the training guide. lol :D :D

Bed Sheet Descent

Whilst the Misses isn't looking, tie all the bed sheets together.* Fix one end securely to a handy radiator then lower yourself out of a first floor window to the ground.* Before you are caught climb back up the sheets, repeat until a) you get caught by the misses, b) the local constabulary arrest you for breaking and entry.

Of course, this whole exercise becomes alot easier if you don't have a missus in the first place. hehe :D :D And I sure hope the radiator in your house is strong enough to hold the load.

Christian

16. Athleng Nordic

In a word: YES!!!:D

17. Unisonus

Unisonus Bloody Rare, Please

Anyone who can complete this crazy thing is tough ******* in my book.

18. Combatant

this is my favourite clip from the site; :D

Purely for the challenge, something to aim for, and to try and get the sense of achievement that I got when I passed out of fire training. When I am an old man and telling my kids how fit and strong I used to be when I was younger, I want to have some evidence to back it up. :D

19. Athleng Nordic

Errmmm... Cough<pictures>Cough that and the stories of how to volenteered to get yourself killed and lived. :eek: :D