Toughening, "Iron Body" vs CUT, PUNCTURE, Blunt, etc.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Diagen, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Hitchens's razor - Wikipedia

"
    Hitchens's razor is an epistemological razor expressed by writer Christopher Hitchens. It says that the burden of proof regarding the truthfulness of a claim lies with the one who makes the claim; if this burden is not met, then the claim is unfounded, and its opponents need not argue further in order to dismiss it.
    "

Hitchens has phrased the razor in writing as "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence

aaradia likes this.
  2. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

What does Hitchens have to do with this. I don't care what Hitchens said. I've supported my claims with reasoning and motive, the burden has been addressed. You're lazy.

3. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

Of you go, then, please post videos of your attempts.

Shmook and Dead_pool like this.
  4. Dead_pool

Nope, you've fallen for a logical fallacy, hence faulty reasoning, the burden of proof is on you, and you've failed to reach it.

Now please become lion bite proof for us all, and submit video evidence.

(Your nearest zoo with low fences will be fine)

Like you claimed to be able to do, or are you being lazy?

5. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

Would take 1 years of diligence at least for a very good solid result as proof of concept. Post your personal 1000 lb deadlift lol
    It's a logical fallacy to believe that the absense of evidence is proof that something does not exist. Idiot. Every logical fallacy has an opposite logical fallacy in direct contradiction. They're just mental tools to help one analyze something. You are not qualified to determine if something has faulty reasoning I guess.
    Moreover, every matter has varying standards for what qualifies as "proof" or "good enough evidence to believe it's true". At best our convictions are only ever 99%, never 100%. You lack wisdom.

6. Dead_pool

So lazy then... Well at least we have agreed something.

We can all ignore the troll now.

Shmook likes this.
  7. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

If you put our convos side by side the effort would all be on my part. That you had to google doesn't make you intelligent or hardworking. Put in more effort if you want to see results.

8. Dead_pool

Your on a martial art forum, having never trained in a martial art, calling other people lazy, despite only having watched some YouTube videos.

That is the hight of lazyness.

Perhaps you should put some effort it and actually go to a class. Or try out the lion idea, I'm cool with either.

axelb likes this.
  9. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Hands up who wants to be covered in heel skin...

Thought so.

It would have the evolutionary advantage of no-one wanting to fight someone who looks like a foot with legs, but also the evolutionary disadvantage of no-one wanting to reproduce with a foot with legs.

hewho, Shmook, aaradia and 2 others like this.
  10. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Even if we entertained this nonsense for a second, comparing skin to leather is a complete non-starter. The tanning process changes the protein structure in the hide, so it is not the same as living skin.

If you had heel skin all over your body, assuming perspiration and the lymphatic system weren't compromised, it would protect you against carpet burn, but not much beyond that. More like a leatherette shirt than the kind of leather jacket bikers survive knife attacks in.

Dead_pool likes this.
  11. Dead_pool

I think he'd forgotten caltrops were a thing.

axelb likes this.
  12. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Wow, if I spent years training my skin to become supernatural, I'd much rather spend the time pulling the skin on my sides and arms to make a pair of "wings" like that of a flying squirrel. Think about it. If I got attacked an the wind was blowing, I'd just spread my skin and glide away. It would be pretty cool for travel, too. Why bother with stuff like cars? Wouldn't that be much cooler than having a skin tough enough I couldn't move? I suppose if I spent a few years pulling my skin an hour a day, it should work, right? If the skin gliding works for squirrels, it should on me, too! I wonder why no one has done that yet.

13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Some people just like soft things I guess.

My skin is so dry after training I have to exfoliate and moisturize regularly, especially hands and definitely my huge leathery Proudfeet hobbit-heels.

A lot of what you are describing goes against basic preventitive skin health. Your skin is your body's main shield against a dangerous ecological environment. Trying to build it up is pretty risky.

It would suck to waste all that time trying to honey badger up, and then get tetanus or sepsis or a billion other nasties that love damaged skin. Honey Badgers aren't so lucky when it comes to protecting their hide.

Dead_pool likes this.
  14. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

I understand the need to be reasonable, hence why you start with something that is actually very beneficial to your skin and gradually progress so that it adapts along the way. This can be done without drawback. Rub all over with your hands, moving the fat and muscle and rubbing the skin, then take a dry brush meant for scrubbing the body and dry brush all over. After 30 minutes of brushing, getting every nook and crevice, the skin shouldn't be too red and shouldn't hurt but feel good. If you are more vigorous with brushing it will hurt more and take less time, but that shouldn't be how you start your first few weeks of training. There will be discomfort, and one should pay attention to this feeling and not rub their skin raw, but some discomfort is normal. The skin being reddish for a few seconds or half a minute is not a big deal.
    You may think it's drying but exercise is "painful" yet it leads to positive evolution. My skin feels better after dry brushing and is healthier now.
    I just need a tougher brush for the tougher parts of the body, and will need several more in the future. A steel brush could be needed before the end of the year. Slow and regular pace is the vehicle of progression.

15. icefield

icefield Valued Member

The boxer Rebellion showed that toughening the skin to withstand cuts, stabs and bullets really doesn't work that well

Mitlov, axelb, Dan Bian and 2 others like this.
  16. Diagen

Diagen Banned Banned

Well one group's failure is hardly that disconcerting. Simply testing if their methods yielded any results would show they are not knife or bullet proof haha and they would not start such a rebellion.
    Evidently they lacked any intelligence. Just poke yourself with a knife and find out. Oops! That cut. Let's not start a barechested rebellion!

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Repeat after me..."I am not a Honey badger....I am not a Honey Badger..."

axelb and Dan Bian like this.
  18. Dead_pool

So what relation is the honey monster to the honey badger?

Also is the honey monster also immune to lions?

I think there's only one way to find out!!

19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Thing is though heels are not tough naturally. They become tough by being walked on all the time. Astronauts, after long stays in space, lose their toughened heels and have to re-toughen them back on earth.
    There is no way you can toughen your skin, anywhere you might get stabbed, to any appreciable degree to be even close to the conditioning your heels get.
    What a silly thread.

Dan Bian and Grond like this.
  20. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I thought that was a movie myth. The Boxer society (Militia United in Righteousness) was well armed, supported by the Imperial military, and eventually murdered more than 30,000 Chinese christians and foreign missionaries before being put down (via firefight and armed melee) by an alliance of eight different countries. At their peak the militia was almost half a million strong including 100,000+ armed Imperial soldiers.

I think the myth of bare chested, unarmed Chinese kung Fu masters trying to fight armed soldiers is more Hong Kong cinema fantasy, much like this thread topic.