Toda's Student

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Fudo-shin, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fudo-shin

Fudo-shin Valued Member

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  2. Ranzan

Ranzan Valued Member

O Dear why is it always ninjutsu that has these problems.

3. Fudo-shin

Fudo-shin Valued Member

4. skuggvarg

skuggvarg Valued Member

A member of Bujinkan Hombu... What a strange coincidence. Maybe he is doing some classical ninjutsu espionage to complement to his Kishi ryu ninjutsu :rolleyes: / Skuggvarg

5. stephenk

stephenk Valued Member

6. Manga

Manga Moved On

Posted by Don Roley on Budoseek.

:evil:

I'll just go and put the kettle on then shall I? :cool:

7. Manga

Manga Moved On

Oh, is this person over here on MAP yet? I know he's on Budoseek and eBudo but it would be handy to have him here too.

8. Manga

Manga Moved On

http://www.kishiryuninpo.com/#

So it's Bujinkan then.

9. Manga

Manga Moved On

http://www.kishiryuninpo.com/index....9:charles-burgess&catid=15:profiles&Itemid=31

My emphasis in bold.

Okay, red flag, red flag! :hat:

Remember Ralph Hall a.k.a. DJDREAMAKER? He also claimed to have been taught that mysterious tenth ryuha that no one else knew about :rolleyes:

So basically, Mr Burgess is saying he learned the nine Bujinkan ryuha plus an extra one, presumably this Kishi-ryu and all from this Hattori person? Yet he later joined the Bujinkan via Richard van Donk? I have a feeling more digging is required! I shall fetch my extra shiny shovel, the one with the sparkles on the handle :evil:

10. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

:rolleyes:

Shall I say anything? Anyone else want a go? I know it's a small thing but...

Also what the hell is this:

Am I having a thick day again?

11. Dean Winchester

LMAO yeah because the Bujinkan has such strict entrance requirements :rolleyes:

12. Dean Winchester

Ah but can he differentiate between BBT and the ryu-ha?

Should his training not reflect the ryu-ha he's studied under his "teacher" rather than BBT?

Get what I'm saying?

13. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I thought you just needed a wallet.

The Bear.

14. Manga

Manga Moved On

So I was thinking about this.

Let's assume this Charles Burgess is telling the truth about his training history in Kishi-ryu Ninpo. I know it's a stretch but let's try.

So he trained under a man who was in effect a copy of Takamatsu sensei - same instructors, same ryuha and so on. And this man taught his material to Charles Burgess. If we assume this as true then wow, pretty neat huh?

So why if this is genuine did Mr Charles Burgess seek some kind of legitimacy by joining Richard van Donk's International Bujinkan Dojo Association in 2010? And to add to that point, if he was this genuine 8th Dan in a parallel Bujinkan so to speak then surely he would be listed as a teacher in the IBDA? Yet he's not there.....

My guess at this stage is that Charles Burgess is a Karate instructor who has bought membership of the IBDA to lend legitimacy to a story he's made up. But if his story were true, he wouldn't need any bought legitimacy.

Attached Files:

15. Dean Winchester

If this guy is all he claims then he should be able to answer any number of questions about the ryu-ha he trained in.

Reckon he can?

:evil:

16. Dean Winchester

Hey Manga you spotted what I've spotted on that sword pic?

I know the Takamatsuden arts are supposed to have some "unorthodox" kenjustu but is that the case here?

17. Manga

Manga Moved On

Okay, please ensure your hands are inside the thread at all times, no standing and please try not to sick up on fellow passengers. The ride begins in 3...2...1

First stop on this lollercoaster is this rather interesting website. You may not be able to see it so I'll post some of the text.

http://64.62.177.203/webx?13@255.w5qaahcim84.7@.f8ae266

I should add that this is from a site dedicated to a group called the Shadow Team, a self-appointed "Anti-Terrorist Network" and this particular discussion was to do with posting low-tech security exploits that could be used to attack the United States. I'm not kidding. Although at least they do say not to post ideas publicly.

The fact that the Charles Burgess in the link mentions Ninpo confirms that this is the same man (pretty much). So let's see what else he's posted on the secret website of the Society for Amateur Scientists (SAS), where he claims the following.

Now, that other post. Where did I put it? Oh yes, here it is! I'm sure it will raise questions :cool:

18. Manga

Manga Moved On

Dean Winchester said - "Hey Manga you spotted what I've spotted on that sword pic?

I know the Takamatsuden arts are supposed to have some "unorthodox" kenjustu but is that the case here?

Oh yes :rolleyes:

There's unconventional and then there is "I have no idea what I'm doing but I have a beard so that's okay" :hat:

19. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

This doesn't make sense, if he was an 8th Dan at this point why would he reference that Stephen Hayes teaches it, as if he has never trained it himself.

The Bear.

20. Manga

Manga Moved On

Interesting point. While digging, I noticed that on Charles Burgess' website he lists himself as 8th Dan and one Ryan Burgess as 5th Kyu and an instructor's assistant. Maybe this is the son he mentions who has persuaded him to teach?

And yet, my ninjer senses were tingling because I notice that the person who registered the domain name for Charles Burgess' website was someone called William Burgess. A third person? A middle name for Charles Burgess? Something to consider whilst searching at least :cool:

EDIT - Just to add to that, there's a William Burgess in Pensacola, FL who is a freelance web designer. Perhaps the William Burgess from above? A relative perhaps?

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/will/burgess/us-608-Pensacola,-Florida-Area/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.