To Protect and to serve, Bad Cops

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by madfrank, Feb 19, 2008.

1. madfrank

madfrank Valued Member

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

3. Yohan

4. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Damn, It cut out a couple seconds too quick. I wanted to hear what he was going to do when he found his face all over the internet. LOL

5. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Don't taze me, bro!

6. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

And of course all the cops have gone bad!

As this one went far beyond what was necessary

Little girl escapes captor.

Seriously though, it is the bad cops that help to paint "all" cops as bullies or sadists!

7. Knight_Errant

bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? whatcha gonna do when they come for you...

8. narcsarge

I used to have that in my cruiser. I played it every single time I had a suspect in my car and was taking them to the Magistrate.

Ahhhhhhhh good times! :D

9. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Seriously though, it is the bad cops that help to paint "all" cops as bullies or sadists!

One rotten apple spoils the whole bloody cart !!!!

The press love bad news stories but we rarely hear of all the good the police do !!!

Smurf

10. Knight_Errant

way cool! where do I sign? :D

11. narcsarge

I'd let you in if you asked nicely!

I could even arrange a doggy to sit next to you!

:D

12. tideliar

tideliar Valued Member

Drives my Bro. crazy. He had to kind of turn his bqack on one colleague who got being a Bad Cop. Asked my bro to cover for him and Bro said no... hurt a lkot still though...

13. narcsarge

QFT! It's the ones that do their job with integrity, honesty, and respect that have to deal with stupid dolts on a power trip. When I worked in a jail, before I was an L.E.O., I used to have cops tell me there was no way they could have done my job.

Why not? I thought to myself. I quickly learned that they hid behind the badge and the gun. Hence, it is my opinion that all cop wannabes have to work the tiers for at least a year before applying to work the str33ts. Bet they would learn a thing or 2 if they actually had to use their heads because they had no weapons available to them.

14. Alansmurf

Respect to your brother .....sometimes its very hard to take a stand in those circumstances..

love then or hate them the men and women of the Police services do a difficult job very well........and it really grates on them when one of their supposed trusted colleagues is corrupt or bad ...

Smurf

15. Knight_Errant

Loving it

16. Yohan

Yeah it should be mentioned there are plenty of great cops out there doing their jobs honestly and humbly, giving people the dignity they deserve.

17. narcsarge

And to ruffle your feathers even more folks:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxgNKNEtk18]No excuse for this![/ame]

Once the cuffs are on, there is NEVER and excuse for excessive force.

Notice I said:

NEVER!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sMOLf02YL0]Local News coverage....[/ame]
    I can not understand why the video could be stopped by an officer. The video should be CCTV an only accessed by a supervisor. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  18. Alansmurf

Speechless .....wtf was he playing at ....drink drive procedure gone wrong ....where was his partner ??

The facial injury could be as a result of a face plant on the floor whilst in cuffs ....but the cctv is inconclusive on the cause...

what was her side of the event |?

Smurf

19. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Saw that this AM on the news...now no matter the circumstance, that was just ridiculous :bang:

20. narcsarge

Lots of questions there AlanSmurf and some were covered by the Police Chief's response. Look, I worked in a small rural city and our police department was run by a guy that came from Clearwater, Fl. We had video in all of our booking/interview/processing rooms. Yep, even the Intoxilizer room. None of us could access the tapes! I was a Sergeant and could not get to it. I worked Narcotics and our room was covered 100% with video cameras (any guesses why?) :rolleyes: .

The deparment in the above videos is not pressing charges on the woman, and their excuse is there is not enough evidence to know what happened when the video was turned off. The lady will sue no doubt. The guy had better settle because the act of turning off the video is damning. I can see the questioning now:

LAWYER: Officer, why did you feel the need to turn off the video recording device?

OFFICER: *makes some sort of lame excuse about protecting her dignity*

LAWYER: Isn't it true that you turned the video off to cover up the beating that you gave my client?

OFFICER: No.

Lawyer: Tell me officer, based on the video presented, my client had no visual injuries before you turned off the video recording device yet when the device is turned back on there is a large pool of what appears to be blood around my client's. How did that large amount of blood get on the floor? How did my client get the injuries she was treated for at the hospital?

And the officer that came in to check on what was going and leaves? I bet he may be toast as well.