To Mae Sai and Back!

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Singto Laaw, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Singto Laaw

Singto Laaw Strictly Muay Thai

:rolleyes: I am planning on doing our tour next year to include Mae Sai Barenuckle boxing.

Does anyone have any information regarding days, location, price, maps and border crossing problems? :confused: :confused:

2. darran

darran New Member

On April 13, 2005 in Mae Sot not Mae Sai ;)

grab a train bus or plane to Chiang Mai then arrange from Chang Phuak Bus Station your booking to Mae Sot, or do what i do, grab a Thai local (in my case a friend who is Thai) and drive together on a bike or in a rented car, I usually do this when going anywhere in Thailand, you get to go at your pace and see more sights on the way, in your case maybe renting a mini van would be a good idea. Also book in advance because this is holiday period for Thais and Trains etc are usually booked up.

Oh and there are no border crossings involved, its in Thailand, the Burmese are the only ones who have to cross any borders. I think it would be free as most open fairs are free.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  3. Singto Laaw

Singto Laaw Strictly Muay Thai

Thanks Darren, Thanks alot.... Thats the best information I have so far.

I will probably be renting a couple of pick up trucks again, throwing everyone in the back, and hammering up to Mae sot on a superbike instead... lol!!

Last time I did the tour, I ended up renting a minibus from Bkk to Chiang Mai. I tried booking tickets for the sleeper train, and the bloody thing was already full by March!!

I dont want to do that again, but hey, a box of sangsom, coke, ice, rebull, 20 stops on the way, 100 packs of layz later we was all in chiangmai.

Then 2 hours later it was all forgotten, and more worrying about where the next bucket of ice water was gonna come from.. swadee bee mai khrap.. Khrap this....

calm down khao sai, calm down khao sai!!!