To All Map Members - Internet Abuse

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Chazz, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Member, we have been bothered by a few pest that will not leave our site alone. I will be reporting them for internet abuse asap. I have got their IP address as well as their Hosting info. If anyone would like to join me in reporting them please let me know.

2. If I knew how to do it then I'd join you in a split second!

Fuzzy Panther

3. Chazz

im lookin for a site to do it. Sarah sent me to one but it didnt work.

4. waya

waya Valued Member

Chazz,
    I tend to have a bit of influence with ISP Admins and have had people disconnected before. Feel free to send me the IP info and I'll dns them and then dig into my can of attitude and see what happens.

Rob

5. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

I think they are (@:?@holes) and I would like to help if i can

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

7. 3 cheers to whoever deleted all those nasty,vulgar, and totally disgusting posts and threads started by those trolls! Throw all that garbage AWAY!!! Vanished without a trace (or hardly a trace)!!!!!!! This website seems so much more pleasant now that they are gone! Thanks again to whichever one of you did the clean-up job!!!!! :D

Fuzzy Panther
    :Angel:

8. Chazz

I just want to that all of the members that have help put the QUOTE"(@:?@holes)" in their place.

Waya the info you asked for is in your PM

9. Joseki

Joseki Valued Member

its nice to see something done about (@:?@holes) like (chazz i hope you didnt mind my opinuon on them ha ha) that but its also a shame that people can do it just to start up trouble.

But They came they saw and got kicked out.

10. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

Yeah well we just don't tolerate that sort of attitude here :)

11. Jim

Jim New Member

Is there some way to stop this from happening again? Or a quicker response time? They annoyed a lot of people in a very short time.

Glad they've gone.

:)

12. Chazz

Good Question, Waiting for an answer!

13. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Hiya

There really isn't anything we can do about trolls that land on the forum. There are several people moderating and others that know how to reach the Moderators in the event of a problem. I'm sorry I couldn't get to it earlier, but at the first hint of a problem I notified the forum owners and had them banned.

Its unfortunate, but unless we recognise the names of a new member from another forum we have no idea of what they are like. I myself have 5 names I can immediately think of so we all live under pseudonyms here!

In the event of any further disturbances and a moderator doesn't appear to have noticed, please email one of them and we should be able to respond pretty quickly.

(We don't just talk MA ya know, we have to go out the room now and then to train in it!) ;)

14. waya

waya Valued Member

I have to agree with Melanie. Having been an IRC admin several times over, there's no preventing people from proving that there is a lesser intelligence on this planet (maybe aliens will find them and stop abducting people, but then the tabloids would go bankrupt :) ). All you can do is laugh at them having to make themselves look like Kindergarten students sent to the principal and ban them later lol.

Rob

15. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

It's extremely hard to do and I've not found away yet to stop them completely. Still we've just added 2 more moderators which should shorten the time between them posting and a moderator catching the post.

16. waya

waya Valued Member

I am usually on around 5am Eastern Time. If I'm not on the forum, my email is always open so I'm easy to reach :)

Rob

17. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

You have my full support.....So what do I have to do now:confused:

:D I know:woo:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2002
  18. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

Honestly...I havent seen any yet, but if I do, I'll definitely report them because I really think this is a nice site. I haven't been a member long, but I'm already liking it.

19. Chazz

There was a lot going on for about a week, They were reported for internet abuse and kicked off here