TKD in Birmingham, U.K.?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Gizmo, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

Does anybody know a good TKD club in Birmingham? My friend (34 years old, 1st Kup) is moving to U.K. soon and he is looking for a place to train. He is mainly WTF, but the affiliation doesn't matter that much, as long as the training and the atmosphere is good.

Any info will be appreciated (you may PM me if you wish).

Regards

Gizmo

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Despite the sparring ;) there are loads of good TAGB clubs in Birmingham, it's a big place so it really depends on where he's going to be.

He can fill in an online form to get details Here or freephone 0800 052 5960 for details.

Cheers

Mitch

And so, I reach my 1000th post, and realise with a blinding flash of insight

I need to get out more :eek:

3. Yay Mitch! I'm catching up though. Which makes me realize.... How little work I actually do in College.... Hmmm....

4. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

Just spoke with my friend and he will be living in Sutton Coldfield.

Regards

Gizmo

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

There's a TAGB club there, I may be wrong but I think one of the committee (who you probably know) teaches around there. Try the online form or the 'phone number.

best wishes whatever your friend decides.

And if I'm ever in Poland, I'm coming to your club, it sounds great :)

Mitch

6. martinnharvey

martinnharvey Valued Member

WTF in Birmingham

There is a WTF club at Birmingham Uni
    http://students.bugs.bham.ac.uk/tae-kwondo/index.htm

Depends on wether your friend has his own transport as it's a bitch to get to by bus.

There are quite a few GTUK clubs in B'ham as well. I could personally reccomend Mr Ian Hughes who teaches in Solihull he recently passed his 4th degree and is an excellent instructor.

Check out www.gt-uk.net, there is a club finder on there

Cheers!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  7. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

Solihull is good for TAGB too as Mr Oliver (chairman/head honcho) teaches there.

8. gould2

gould2 Valued Member

I'll second that HwaRang, but there are some superb senior students there as well.