TKD Check In

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Chazz, Apr 12, 2002.

1. KarateKid1975

KarateKid1975 New Member

2. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Howdy STLTAK.
    Im sure that you will love this site and will come to know the people on here. They are all great people and if you ever need help with anything, i know someone here can do it. Take care and have fun posting.

3. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

-I am new to this forum. My name is David Hughes and I have been training in TKD under Ernie Reyes and Tony Thompson since 1977. Our schools have expanded our cirriculum via cross-training to also include Jujitsu(Braz. & Small Circle), Arnis/Escrima, Muay Thai and American Kenpo. The TKD portion of our curiculum is still comprehensive to the martial art. Also, some of our students do compete in Olympic(WTF)-style competiton. Being a member of the West Coast Demo Team has given me an oppurtunity to share with and learn from some great martial artists and wonderful people over the years. I own the Nashville, Tn,-area locations of Ernie Reyes' World Martial Arts.

4. Mark Davies

Mark Davies Valued Member

Howdy Kawn Jang

I'm fairly new here too, been blethering for a week or two on this site now. My name is Mark Davies & I'm an alcoholic.......... OH B**##R WRONG SITE:D I started trainingin shotokan back in 1982, then moved over to ITF TKD in 1984 with former ITF world champion Mr Gordon Wallace. Currently I teach full time, teaching ITF TaeKwon-Do & my own system, Tactical Edge. As well as teaching civillian classes I teach close quarter countermeasures within the special operations military community. I'm a big fan of the filipino martial arts, which I've been studying for about 15 years or so, & anything elase that's 'interesting'. Just started training in capoeira, & it's great fun trying to break my own neck instead of someone elses;) Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do, greetings from Scotland.

5. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Howdy Mark and David. Both of you sound like you all have a lot of knowledge of TKD and martial arts that you will be able to share with us. have a great time posting

6. LeggyLass

LeggyLass New Member

Hi to everyone!
    This is my first time to this forum. I have been studing TKD since 2001 under Hai Tran. Currently I am a high yellow with hopes to test to green at the end of the month. :D At my school we learn traditional TKD, along with Akido styles of self-dense. We also have a Black Belt Club which allows us to study weapons such as numchucks and the bo staff, or Judo style grappling. And our Fridays allow for in depth sparring!! What a great way to end the week!!:)

7. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

hey welcome to the boards..
    -TkdWarrior-

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Welcome LeggyLass, David and to Mark (I have been enjoying your posts!).

I do believe it is time to get this TKD forum active!! Let's get to posting all you newer members (and not so new!)

9. Mark Davies

Mark Davies Valued Member

10. LeggyLass

LeggyLass New Member

I wish that I could say that he in one in the same, but no, he is a different Tran. He is Kwan Jang Nim Tran, and also holds several titles for Tri-State kickboxing tournament championships within the USA. I will find out more about the different tournaments he's competed in...Kwan Jang Nim is one amazing person!!

11. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

-Gotta watch out for ANY Kwan Jang Nim, my wife tells me they will all talk your ear off. LOL.

12. LeggyLass

LeggyLass New Member

:D
    -or-
    The ominous cross-armed position and the look which means more power, will do it just as well!!! :eek:

13. LeggyLass

LeggyLass New Member

I meant :eek:

14. kareem

kareem New Member

hello everyone its your favorite tkdoist kareem if u don't know me im am a third degree black belt in wtf forms. i also practice hapkido. tkd is the key to being free.
    "its as simple as westology, west is best, are u up to the test"

15. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Welcome to MAP kareem
    ... why is west the best when you are located in the east??:confused: .... ah, Teaneck New Jersey :)

... what makes you our "favorite"???? ... fill us in! LOL:D

16. kchenault

kchenault Valued Member

Welcome, O full of one's self. Glad to have you here.:D

17. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Alright. I just signed up in ATA TKD under Master Westbrook, now I can call meself a TaeKwonDoist.

18. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Welcome 1ONEfighting ! Our TKD membership is growing in numbers!
    As I do believe there aren't too many fellow ATA TKDoists here ... I hope in the future you can offer your insights on the "style"

19. LeggyLass

LeggyLass New Member

Hi kareem and 1ONEfighting!
    Glad to have you here :) Lookforward to hearing about the ATA style!!! Best of luck to the two of you!!:D

20. totalkayos

totalkayos Valued Member

i'm a mere yellow belt in TKD. i go to j. h. kim's tkd school in boston, ma. i'm happy with the school and the instructors. i feel fortunate that the instructor is a grandmaster and still teaches on a daily basis. here's a link to my school in case anyome is interested.
    http://www.tkd-boston.com/