Tito Ortiz vs Ken Shamrock 2?

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Korpy, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Teryan

Teryan Valued Member

That promoter was an A-hole. That should never go down here in the US. Look at the last Fight Night, all the fights were so short, 11 second KO.... Boxing is not MMA. Randy Coutour just retired showing that fighters are capable of making educated decisions them selves.

2. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Yo first of all I didn't mean to start a new debate here, but now that it has I gotta say that while I agree that we MMA already has a precarious public rep. I'm not as worried about the P.R. probs since MMA guys don't get hit in the head as much as boxers and MMA uses TKO a lot more as it should. But I'm really trying to say that a certain level of talent should be a prerequisite and a fighter's mental health (physiologically not necessarily psychologically) should be a determining factor in deciding that. No brain scan could necessarily settle the debate but I think that MMA should only allow fighters who continuosly win to remain in competition. MMA should emulate Sumo, in Sumo competitions the top fighters are expected to retire once they start losing more than winning. I suspect that in the lower ranks fighters who aren't winning often enough are kicked out of sumo stables. You know in other sports athletes who aren't as talented are either benched or don't get there contracts renewed. I just wish combat sports besides Sumo had a way of letting worn out fighters retire.

3. Mike Dunnage

Mike Dunnage Valued Member

I never knew that was the case in sumo. That makes a lot of sense.

4. CCG2

CCG2 Valued Member

i don't really see any chance in hell of shamrock beating tito, but it wud be kinda cool if he did.

5. freak

freak Valued Member

i have been very surprised to say the least on how ortiz has coached his team, he is way better then shamrock and ortiz doesn't seem like a half bad guy since i have been watching the show...i really use to hate him lol

6. gracie22555

gracie22555 New Member

shamrock will never beat ortiz.

i love watching the video of royce gracie submitting ken shamrock. shamrock sucks hes a big baby.

7. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Suprise, Suprise

8. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Stop with the flamebait. Now

9. jfreelancer4706

jfreelancer4706 New Member

its too obvious!!!

shamrock is a slacker, he doesnt even train his group in the ultimate fighter how is going to train himself. hes a good striker but has almost no ground skills. tito has it both. he proved hes a better fighter when he fought shamrock the first time.
    although i like shamrock when it comes to attittude, tito will destroy him.
    shamrock has to work on his ground game and train right instead of working out with food and beverages.... hes cooler then tito ill give him that..

well see what happens...

-j

10. duderanch182

duderanch182 Bored Thaiboxer

I reckon Tito will as he is very good at the mind games and is great at annoying Ken and from Watching TUF 3 Ken's training does not seem no where near as good as Tito's. I reckon it will decision to Tito.

11. stump

stump Supersub

Shamrock is burned out. He's been doing this stuff for years and he's just going through the motions nowadays. The Lions den is a spent force and so is Ken Shamrock personally.

None of this should take away from the very important place he holds in MMA history but he should retire with a shred of dignity left and never should have agreed to fight Ortiz a second time.....Tito is going to eat him for breakfast