"tit dar" - bone setting... anyone?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by jroe52, Jun 6, 2005.

1. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

just came across this word when reading on wing chun and how some masters use to train in this for treating broken bones. i'd like to one day learn this along with some other healing excercizes.

i heard william cheung teaches a healing class but i do not know of what kind. i do not trust myself with accupuncture haha

2. sean

sean THOR!

Im not sure exactly what I believe or think is truth when it comes to body energy/healing, but if it was actually a realistic way of increasing bone recovery, wouldn`t it of been exploited and made as commercial as say accupuncture? The power of good thoughts towards the healing and the mental side maybe, but I have serious doubts whether bone healing would actually be speeded up.

3. moononthewater

moononthewater Valued Member

If you dont fancy acupuncture try a practitioner of shiatsu or Tui na same philosophy minus the needles.

4. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

tit dar has maybe some to do with the chi stuff, but is actually medical practice.

it is what they did before 1900's medicine was used in china often for healing/setting bones. my gf whom is not -chinese but from laos (hmong), whom once were in china before getting kicked out hundreds of years ago...

anywho, her mom even does this for twisted ankles. bone setting is almost like popping something out and putting it in place, then applying medicine to it.

you do believe in medicine right? many herbal medicines have the same properties as western ones, and they also are even ripped off. dit da jow is a good example of a healing herbal medicine, so is bengay.

5. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

The Romans used comfrey on the skin to make bones join together. This has been noted by Western pharmaceuticals, researched and demonstrated. It makes bones start growing.

I don't know if Chinese bone-setters use comfrey or other stuff but don't be ignorant about the possibilities. My grandmaster is a professional bonesetter and dit dar herbalist in Hong Kong, and he's doing alright.

Rgds,
    David

6. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Any explanation for us unenlightened ones that don't know what tit dar is?

How's it supposed to work?

7. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

ahh dit dar is another word for it... i think root words for dit da jow? not sure. but i read alot about dit da (seemed to be liek something you ate rather then rubbed onto skin)

saying its phony is like saying dit da jow does nothing, making all the MA's that use it, look pretty silly. they don't use it because they are bored, they use it cuz it works!

tit dar/dit dar is the bone setting and dit da jow is a common medicine. saying that it was uneffective is saying that for the last 4000 years in china when someone broke their lag they just left them to die lol. they wern't as dumb as the powerful whities whom would amputate it lol

ninjamonkey:
    it is bone setting and other stuff. when my gf's mom did a form of asian bone setting (not the same), it was like pulling muscles and stretching the ligaments. not cracking stuff like a kiropracter (spelt bad)... more like setting them lol. then once they were kinda in a better position she would apply medicine and wrap it tight.

thats all i know on bone setting

8. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Excuse me?

No one's saying it doesn't work, yet. Can anyone else fill me in a little better?

9. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

its 7am i been working sinc emidnight, i read someonee's reply totally the wrong way hahaa. i thought they were complaining how it was like accupuncture or somethign chi/fictioness to them.

"samsonite, boy i was way off"

hehe

10. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I saw the word 'tit' in the title so I went to check it out.
    Man, I was so dissapointed...

11. Cantwell

Cantwell New Member

Ditto on that one, sigh. However, there is another thread on faster bone healing and what happens when a bone is cracked/broken. (It is actually a complicated process when a bone loses some of it's outer layer for it to fix). Finding that may help you compare the old methods with science.

12. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

How do you think I even FOUND this post? :rolleyes:

13. nobelt

nobelt Valued Member

not sure if you're all referring to the same thing im thinking about but if i directly translate tit da jow into cantonese then it is something i have used before and is a medicated wine type of substance that you rub onto your skin for injuries such as bruises, sprains, etc

14. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

dit da jow, nope. thats the healing medicine we all know about.

tit dar, i think is similiar to tia massages? not sure.

in english "bone setting" is what i want to learn.