Tiek Soo Chang Chuan Fa

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by nickkato, Jun 10, 2007.

?

Have ever heard of Tiek Soo Chang Chuan Fa?

1. yes

18.2%
  2. No

81.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickkato

nickkato New Member

Greetings everyone. I just thought I would introduce myself to get things started. I am fairly new at the computer so please bear with me. I am like Ozzy trying to turn on the tv. My name is Nicholas G. Hashiura-Burger, AKA Nick Kato. I have been studying for 44 years, teaching for about 25 years. I am in charge of my families japanese system descended from the Tokugawa clan. My mother Tsuruko Hashiura sensei passed away last september, leaving me with the honor and burden of holding this office. I have been studying with my family since I was 4 years old. I am also presently a Sifu in the great art of Tiek Soo CHang Chuan Fa. I have been a chinese boxing student under the instruction of Sifu William C. Roy for over thirty years. I have had the honor to have also studied under some of the legendary masters of the arts, such as Grandmaster Victor Hughes (Goju) Grandmaster Carlito Lanada (Kuntaw) Mitose Sensei,(kenpo-jujitsu) Toshio Gillispie Sensei(Shorinryu) Master Frank Babcock(Hapkido) ( although I would like to study more than one day with him.) I will take what I can get. Kickboxing,freestyle sabake, shootfighting,MMA, Jujitsu,Aikido,Judo, Naginata,just to name a few are also of my background. I hope this forum will help me to become further enlightened. Thank you for listening to me and teaching me. God bless you all Sifu/Sensei Nicholas G. Hashiura-Burger

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  2. jvandenberg

jvandenberg New Member

Every few years I pull out Bill's card and google the information on it. This is the first time I've had a hit on it. I have wondered for some years what happened to Bill Roy. We did a few things back in the early to mid 90's. Do you have an address and/or telephone number? I'd love to touch base with him. Thanks, Jim VandenBerg.

3. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hello, Nickkato. Welcome to MAP. I look forward to hearing more about your Martial Art journey. :)

4. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

June 2007 ;)

5. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

A student of Bill Roy and Carlito Lanada? OH boy, Those two people are not the kind of people I would associate with.. I was with the Lanada Kuntaw group for a long time and left the organization due to stuff that was said about myself and another former practitioner of the system.. We were both with the system for more than 30 yrs after training with them in the Philippines and were blown so much smoke over the years, it was like being in a constant smog bank.. You couldn't separate the truth from fiction..

Be aware of these two individuals, be very aware:bang::topic::topic::topic::hammer::lowblow:

6. makebae

makebae Valued Member

What do you mean about Bill Roy and Carlo Lanada

I'm just interested in what you mean.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  7. focus72

focus72 New Member

I know for a fact that nickkato AKA Nicholas Hashiura-Burger has since learned that Tiek Soo Chang is not what he thought. After all these years having learned that what you thought was truth all turned out to be a lie was a shock to him. I also know he recants all of Tiek Soo Chang and William Roy! DO NOT get involved into this style for you will be lied to as well, and do NOT question it for if you do, there will be hell to pay.

8. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Hell to pay, oh my word, I better run for the hills. :running:

Another long since dead thread that didn't need to be re-opened. :dunno:

9. Simon

It seems your dojo is no longer affiliated with Mr Roy.

Maybe this isn't the place to air your grievances.

10. focus72

focus72 New Member

Well Simon I see there were other threads asking about the style and about the "master" to it. I post above to ensure others know that affiliations have changed...I have no true grievances. I just know that if you want to be part of that style it is not okay to ask questions I have seen and experienced it first hand, and when I say hell to pay I am speaking death threats. So yes I think that is extremely important for people to understand. Want to be part of it be my guest but do not question it. That is all!

11. Simon

You need to be very careful coming on here saying that another party is making death threats, especially when that person isn't about to offer a counter argument.

I suggest leaving it there.

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

And thank Odin the All-Father you did - I was desperate to find a resolution to a four year old thread that no one gives a crap about

13. focus72

focus72 New Member

Just speaking facts but I am good I said my peace.

14. Simon

Facts as you see them.

I don't like the way this thread is going, so it's closed.

As ever if anyone feels it should remain open, then send me (or another MOD) a PM or e-mail.

focus72, please continue to enjoy MAP, just leave this topic to die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.